Greene County Digital TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
A trunked system with 1 base station frequency? The application seems odd, there is only 1 base channel (which they are already licensed for) and several mobile frequencies.
They are putting both analog and p25 designators on it, which could mean they are just looking for flexibility.
I see the service code is trunked, but this is an odd trunked application. Either more will follow, they are doing a single channel trunking, or ...
I guess we'll just have to wait and see if more applications pop up.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Looks more like they should have modified there FB2 licence they have. The one tower marked Bailey road windham GPS wise is the cell tower on top of Cave mtn....aka Windham Ski slope....I think Thundernight like you said youll see more apps pop up...

Last edited:

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
An FB8 designation ensures protection out to 70 mi of your operating area. It's a common tactic used on business channels to keep others from licensing up on your channel. Also while I have not confirmed this with a coordinator, if you request P-25 emission designation you can use Mototrbo and NXD since they are less deviation.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Yes i am aware of FB8 But since there licensed on 453.8125 already on HUnter and High Hill wouldnt it have been a little smarter to Modify that license? will be interesting to see how this plays out....

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I heard today they spent 162,000 dollars on land for this project......No idea where must be a nice chunk of land for that price....

Status
Not open for further replies.