Greene County, MO (Springfield area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billiardnut

Premium Subscriber
Shopping for a scanner again to primarily monitor law & fire in Springfield / Greene County, MO area. I have read the current trunking system for Greene County is supposed to go to a P25(?) system around 2020 or 2021.

In anticipation for that change I have been looking at the Uniden BCD325P2 Handheld TrunkTracker V Scanner. I ordered its predecessor in 2016 but finally gave up attempting to program it, with scanner programming software nonetheless. My apprehension of programming the 325P2 is my major concern, I have Scancat-lite-plus software which I am not sure is the best software to program the 325P2 or not. It didnt seem to help any with other one last year.

I have a couple questions - is there another scanner out there that is easier to program but will be updated enough to stay valid once Springfield goes to the P25 system?

Instead of paying $70 or more to have the scanner programmed, is there a site or something where I can get a Scancat-lite-plus software data file? Or something to help with programming with programming this monster?

Really appreciate your feedback,

B

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Shopping for a scanner again to primarily monitor law & fire in Springfield / Greene County, MO area. I have read the current trunking system for Greene County is supposed to go to a P25(?) system around 2020 or 2021.

In anticipation for that change I have been looking at the Uniden BCD325P2 Handheld TrunkTracker V Scanner. I ordered its predecessor in 2016 but finally gave up attempting to program it, with scanner programming software nonetheless. My apprehension of programming the 325P2 is my major concern, I have Scancat-lite-plus software which I am not sure is the best software to program the 325P2 or not. It didnt seem to help any with other one last year.

I have a couple questions - is there another scanner out there that is easier to program but will be updated enough to stay valid once Springfield goes to the P25 system?

Instead of paying $70 or more to have the scanner programmed, is there a site or something where I can get a Scancat-lite-plus software data file? Or something to help with programming with programming this monster?

Really appreciate your feedback,

B

I'm over here in Joplin, and hear the Springfield TRS occasionally. It is a busy system. There are several programimng software options for the Uniden radios. I am not a Uniden user, but FreeScan is one that seems to be used a lot. If you don't want to fiddle regularly (which many of us like to do!) have you considered Home Patrol?HomePatrol

w

N0TDL

Hi there Bill

I live in Webster Co and can help! Send me a text at 417-619-9605 and I can answer any questions you may have. I also have a scanner I am getting ready to list that would be more than enough for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.