Greene County OK's Radio Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

In summary that says.. For County That Says, We're going to NexEDGE, You will hear us patched thru to VHF for other dept's/agencies/county fire dept's. etc. to talk to us, But if we want to sneak around we flip a switch and cut the VHF off to everyone but dispatch and you don't hear us!

For City Police, Fire, And Rescue, That Says We Are Going To Full Time NexEDGE and all you will hear is dispatch over VHF when you need them, You will not hear anything else from us...

For Both City and County That Says: We're losing our Interoperability Features and Screwing Up But Don't Want To Admit It..

Last edited:

nearscanman

Premium Subscriber
Brian, sounds like their trying to go a cheap route to update their radio system! I think their headed for problems down the line, but what can we do. Sooner or later scanning will be a thing of the past, I hate it!!!

snig64

theyll find out liek the very rrural ouachita and nevada counties that they no longer have "tips" when they are looking for vehicles or people. secrecy bites them in the @ss at the end.

btritch

I'm waiting to see how they plan to handle it during a disaster.. I remember the last two.. It was Chaos.. But it was handled.. Now it will for sure be chaos!

Status
Not open for further replies.