dtscho

Database Admin
On 155.3550, I've got some data from a possible control channel:

System ID: B45
RFSS: 001
Site ID: 002
WACN: BEE00
Site NAC: B41

There also appears to be control channel data on 151.0175, but was not able to capture it from Fredericksburg.

Dave

Last edited:

ithetwitch

Premium Subscriber
155.3550 was what my scanner was locked on when scanning the freqs. I was able to get the NAC this morning but didn't get the rest of the info.
I would need to drive into Madison to see what their CC would be but that will be whenever I get that time to do so.

TJX400

I'm still shocked that small agencies like this elect to remain on VHF when procuring a brand new trunking system, when all surrounding jurisdictions use 800MHz. I understand it saves costs, but it creates a massive interoperability and safety nightmare for the surrounding jurisdictions when running mutual aid.

Just like Louisa & Fluvanna. It's an interesting choice.

dtscho

Database Admin
Don't many of the surrounding jurisdictions have dual-band (or even tri-band) P25 radios? That would help with the counties that go to VHF trunking.

Another problem may be lack of 800 MHz frequencies. I don't know; someone more knowledgeable can chime in with more info.

Dave

ithetwitch

Premium Subscriber
So, I drove through Greene this morning. My scanner picked up 154.3475 for Madison as possibly the CC. My scanner gave me 0B45h-0101 for the sys ID