2guntom

Under "Greeneville, City of"
the list shows "Light&Power" as 153.665
Greene County, Tennessee (TN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

This is incorrect!

The frequency should be 153.650

When you click on "Utilities"
Utilities Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The input and output frequencies are switched.
Input should be 158.175 (I'm assuming because I have never monitored the input, but...)
I know for certain that the output should be 153.650.

On a side note:
153.500 is correct. That is commonly known as the "E Channel"; it is owned and maintained by GLPS.
The 153.695/158.415 is a new one to me. I will start monitoring it and see what comes up. But with the repeater frequencies mentioned above, I suspect the input/output is switched also.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Make this all into a submission for Greene Co explaining it all and I will be sure to change it all correctly.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
I checked the FCC Licenses for the 153.650 and the 153.665

FCC shows that the 153.650 is the input of the FB2 158.175 output
and 153.695 is the input of the FB2 158.415 output

153.665 is showing as an input also for the FB2 154.890.

I changed those but let me know if they are operating different than what the FCC is listing.

2guntom

I checked the FCC Licenses for the 153.650 and the 153.665

FCC shows that the 153.650 is the input of the FB2 158.175 output
and 153.695 is the input of the FB2 158.415 output

153.665 is showing as an input also for the FB2 154.890.

I changed those but let me know if they are operating different than what the FCC is listing.

Hmm, that is strange. I've been listening to 153.650 for 15 years; that is the repeater output. In fact, you can probably pick that up from Elizabethton, depending on your location and antenna.

Just to be absolutely sure, I am going to plug all of those frequency pairs into my scanners and listen. The results should be obvious.

And, I apologize for the delay in my responses; I'm new and my posts are moderated...

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Hey man!! I did get some traffic today on that 153.650 w/ 103.5 PL. Sounded just like Grvn L&P. So changed that one entry as 153.650 as the receive freq.

2guntom

Confirmed

Thats cool, i'll plug them in from here also and see what I can get. Let me know what you find.

Okay, I confirmed all these frequencies

Repeater Output / Input / PL Tone

153.5 / 159.51 / 100.0

153.65 / 158.175 / 103.5

158.415 / 153.695 / 103.5

As I said before, 153.5 is known as "E Channel" or emergency channel. It was being used as a county fire/ems channel for a little while, but has gone back to being quiet again (but the repeater is fully functional).

153.65 is the primary repeater for Greeneville Light & Power Systems, the local electric company.

Now, 158.415 is a new one for me. The repeater is fully functional, but I don't know specifically what it is used for or who uses it. I'll be monitoring it and post any findings.

Do you need me to submit this info in the appropriate area again?

n4yek

2guntom
Submit any and all changes, corrections, and additions for your area. Green County hasn't had any updates in a long time and if you are in the area, then you become the man! :)
I monitor Green county from Cosby time to time, but don't have the best reception.

Again, take it upon yourself to be the one to make the corrections for your county, thats what we ALL do on here for our own county.

Take care and God bless, welcome to RR.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Speaking for admins everywhere.. WE LOVE on scene info from local folks. thats what keeps the db accurate. Its been a long time for a few areas since anyone "on ground" has submitted new data. Glad to see more folks getting into the hobby. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

2guntom

2guntom
Submit any and all changes, corrections, and additions for your area. Green County hasn't had any updates in a long time and if you are in the area, then you become the man! :)
I monitor Green county from Cosby time to time, but don't have the best reception.

Again, take it upon yourself to be the one to make the corrections for your county, thats what we ALL do on here for our own county.

Take care and God bless, welcome to RR.

KB8TXE here...

I've got a live feed broadcasting (receiving) from downtown Greeneville. Your reception should be better now ;)

2guntom

Speaking for admins everywhere.. WE LOVE on scene info from local folks. thats what keeps the db accurate. Its been a long time for a few areas since anyone "on ground" has submitted new data. Glad to see more folks getting into the hobby. :)

I've been scanning since 1990. LOVE IT!
I found this site a couple years ago (I think) when I was searching the internet for frequency lists to program scanners at work. I had no idea what a resource was here! Now I've got a live feed...

I appreciate everyone's patience since I am very new to the forum. It would appear that this discussion could have been placed in the "Database Discussion" area. Although it does fit here because it is Tennessee... If I post in the wrong area, gently point me in the right direction (this is a BIG forum!)

I'll definitely keep my ear to the ground and my antenna vertical :)

jfhtm350

I submitted the 158.1750 awhile back. If I remember correctly the FCC license was backwards showing the input being 158.1750 but it was actually the output. I can recieve it all the way down here and I can confirm its use as of 11/13/13.

Status
Not open for further replies.