Greenie questions about listening to UCA with SDR-Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp8ns5982

Premium Subscriber
I've recently gotten an RTL-SDR v3 dongle and have been trying to listen around and had a few questions. Getting right to the point, I'm trying to use SDR-Trunk to listen to UCA but I'm unable to get any data from the control channels an I don't quite know why. To my knowledge I should have everything setup correctly but I get nothing back. Listening to a large range of the other frequencies I can occasionally see activity or a call but I don't hear anything and when I view the logs it says that they're all encrypted? Is there something that I'm missing? I'm more than happy to share more about my setup, right now I don't know what would be useful.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
SDRTrunk does not support Motorola Type II trunk tracking via the control channel, it can only decode P25 voice transmissions by tuning to the traffic channels directly. You'll need to use different software, such as Unitrunker, to track the system.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
UCA will eventually switch to p25, but as of right now its Motorola.. so yeah unitrunker for now SDR trunk or dsdplus later

Status
Not open for further replies.