Greensboro Police Digital Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyK

The Greensboro comm center is having all GPD dispatches switch over to the system events channels. They seem to be having some type of digital issue.
GPD D1 is on SYS EVE 11
GPD D2 is on SYS EVE 12
GPD D3 is on SYS EVE 13
GPD D4 is on SYS EVE 14
CITY CONF is on SYS EVE 10
GPD INFO is on SYS EVE 15

Randy

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Guilford County System Experiencing Problems

Thought i would share this tonight. The Guilford System is having a heck of a problem tonight with the GPD digital TG. The audio got so bad on the digital that they have now switched all GPD over to analog for now. The radio shop has been doing some testing all night with some units on some of the digital TG, they have had them run some simulations including a police chase, vehicle stops, and the most interesting a suspicious man dressed as a women:lol:. Hopefully they will get it fixed, cause right now you cant understand nothing on digital. Thought this might be interesting to share tonight. Happy new year.

As of now

D 1: is System event 11
D 2: is System event 12
D 3: is System event 13
D 4: is System event 14
Info: is System event 15

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Well i just over heard they are calling quits for tonight after unsuccessful attempts and they are calling Motorola. Look like i can give my digital scanner a rest tonight and use the old pro-97:). This got me thinking tonight with Viper going full P25 what would Viper do if this situation would to arise?

Update: Just heard Burlington has now lost their digital.

Looks like Burlington Police is on BURCOM 14032.

Burlington Fire Dispatch: BURLINGTON CONFERENCE 6736

Also it appears NC A&T has switched there digital over to Viper 22784. Marshall can you get a positive ID on that TG? thanks.

Last edited:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Listening to the stream looks like burlington is still rolling in action regardless if they lost their digital, good thing the whole system didnt fail... that wouldnt be a good thing, especially for new years.

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Looks like things are getting back to normal. Everyone is switching back to regular channels. They are still continuing to run some test, so we'll see how it go's. The problem was the Astro-Tac.

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
So has GBRO. I been listening to the radio shop guys all week and everything they try seems not to work. Last i heard they thought the problem was with the controller.

EnchantedWizard

Premium Subscriber
Burlington is back on analog again today. Rumor has it that Burlington is going to make the move to Viper in the near future.

bobilly I would love to talk to your source of info that rumored Burlington is going to Viper......

I can assure this is not the case!

Alamance County (to include Graham, Mebane, Haw River, Elon and Gibsonville) is planning to switch to Viper at some point

bobilly214

Thats why I said it was a rumor, it was also said that Greensboro and Burlington are playing the blame game for the problems, that a virus that controls the system has gotten in. Burlington wishes it didn't have pay the subscription fees associated with all the radios they have on a self maintained system and that with Viper there are no subscriptions just the cost of the radios on a state maintained system. Oh yeah they are back operating normally this morning. Alamance was planning on switching starting in March but since Elon, Elon University and Gibsonville are joining the Alamance Viper system the templates have had to be added to and will have to be approved by the state, so that has pushed the switch over to later in the spring.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Tour 9630: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

bobilly214 said:
Thats why I said it was a rumor, it was also said that Greensboro and Burlington are playing the blame game for the problems, that a virus that controls the system has gotten in. Burlington wishes it didn't have pay the subscription fees associated with all the radios they have on a self maintained system and that with Viper there are no subscriptions just the cost of the radios on a state maintained system. Oh yeah they are back operating normally this morning. Alamance was planning on switching starting in March but since Elon, Elon University and Gibsonville are joining the Alamance Viper system the templates have had to be added to and will have to be approved by the state, so that has pushed the switch over to later in the spring.

I read up on the ncviper site somewhere about a department would have to pay 69.00 on subcribing an officer on the system per month I think... Is that true kendrik? I haven't looked on the viper site for a while on that bit of info I read last year, not sure if that was true or false.

EnchantedWizard

Premium Subscriber

Burlington has an exceptional working relationship with Guilford/Greensboro system managers. I know for certain that there is no "blame game" ongoing between the two entities over system problems or fees...... The issues with digital transmissions have been traced back to a piece of hardware that is totally unassociated with the Guilford/Greensboro/Burlington system. The piece of hardware in question was taken out of service until repairs could be made to it. Burlington is back on digital talkgroups and it is business as usual....

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Burlington has an exceptional working relationship with Guilford/Greensboro system managers. I know for certain that there is no "blame game" ongoing between the two entities over system problems or fees...... The issues with digital transmissions have been traced back to a piece of hardware that is totally unassociated with the Guilford/Greensboro/Burlington system. The piece of hardware in question was taken out of service until repairs could be made to it. Burlington is back on digital talkgroups and it is business as usual....

Wizard if burlington was even thinking about changing to viper, would they even be able to keep their template or channel/talkgroups lay out I mean?

Alamance Viper is just one dispatch channel for each department, one investigation and an admin and the rest for county wide tac channels for use.

Long ago I would see a Guilford County Technician come in and out checking up on the system. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.