Greensburg / Green County PD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskt_Case

I'm receiving most of Greensburg Law Dispatch on 155.610 with an HP1, but getting hardly anything from the mobile units. On the rare occasion I do pick up the mobile, it is very weak, but 90% of the time I'm just not getting anything at all. Reception for pretty much anything else I want is great. I've had this problem with multiple receivers, in multiple locations. Indoor and outdoor antenna's.

Is there another frequency I need to be monitoring?

Baskt_Case

Possibly discovered the issue.

Heard Greensburg Dispatch tell mobile "roger, your still on digital... "

RR database does not indicate any digital usage in Green Co. except for EMS.

Still learning how to fully use this HP1, would be more than happy to do some research and maybe find the mystery digital channels, if someone could help me do that. I am not using the "Extreme" Firmware, so not sure if my HP1 can just scan random airspace for me.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm receiving most of Greensburg Law Dispatch on 155.610 with an HP1, but getting hardly anything from the mobile units. On the rare occasion I do pick up the mobile, it is very weak, but 90% of the time I'm just not getting anything at all. Reception for pretty much anything else I want is great. I've had this problem with multiple receivers, in multiple locations. Indoor and outdoor antenna's.

Is there another frequency I need to be monitoring?

According to the FCC ULS 155.610 has expired, and here are their new narrow band frequencies.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNWT702 - GREEN, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

Last edited:

Baskt_Case

According to the FCC ULS 155.610 has expired, and here are their new narrow band frequencies.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNWT702 - GREEN, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Still learning the ropes here.

Interesting enough, RR has 155.610 listed as Law Dispatch for three local counties here, with the same CTCSS for each. I thought I was hearing Green on this frequency, but its actually Taylor/Campbellsville! Going to do some drudging through the ULS and see if I can drill down on what is actually in use these days. Thanks again for teaching me how to do the research here.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Unfortunately the ULS won't tell you what's in use, just what has been licensed. Only local listeners can confirm what is in use, but it's a place to start. The RR data base only has what members have submitted over the years.

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Baskt_Case, plz send in any info you find.... there aren't a lot of submissions nor monitors in that area of the state.... with all the changing that has gone on in the past couple of years it has been a task keeping things correct....

Baskt_Case

Baskt_Case, plz send in any info you find.... there aren't a lot of submissions nor monitors in that area of the state.... with all the changing that has gone on in the past couple of years it has been a task keeping things correct....

Sure thing. So far I have not made any useful discoveries. I am still learning the capabilities of this HP1 I'm using and getting ready to fire up an older Uniden as a search-horse. Hopefully will know more over this next week.

Baskt_Case

A few updates...

So, been playing around for a few days when I get the time and I wish I could edit my original post so that newcomers to this thread could better contribute, but I cannot, so heres where I am so far on this...

Greensburg PD is actively dispatching and talking on 155.6100 FM
Their license for this frequency is expired!

155.6100 is currently licensed to Taylor County KY but they are not using it.

I have caught Greensburg PD traffic on 155.5500 NFM, only reason I even found it was because I have that programmed as one of my Air Evac's. My HP-1 indicated a found DCS (found DCS's flash I believe) the last time I caught this but unfortunately I did not write it down. I have no DCS programmed for this frequency. Absolutely no clue whats going here but I've received the PD traffic on this frequency three times in the last two days.

The two new frequencies...

After two days of monitoring, Green Co. EMS/Fire?? paged for a meeting at court house on 153.7850. No traffic has been heard on 155.0400.

Baskt_Case

I have caught Greensburg PD traffic on 155.5500 NFM, only reason I even found it was because I have that programmed as one of my Air Evac's. My HP-1 indicated a found DCS (found DCS's flash I believe) the last time I caught this but unfortunately I did not write it down. I have no DCS programmed for this frequency. Absolutely no clue whats going here but I've received the PD traffic on this frequency three times in the last two days.

OK, just now hearing occasional comms from Green Co. first responders on 155.5500 but showing up as KY-11 Air Methods with a found DCS 025.

Something in my programming is causing goofy results here, I need someone to help me sort this...

1. Green County EMS (Analog)....155.557500....FM......DCS 025
2. Green County EMS (Digital).....155.557500....NFM ...NAC 556
3. KY-11 Air Methods Bedford......155.550000....NFM....found DCS 025 (Getting occasional Green Co. first responders here)

I feel like I need to change mode(s) on some of these but not sure what to do. Staring at it, I'm tempted to change 1 to NFM and 3 to FM, would this fix this situation?

Last edited:

Baskt_Case

Alright, so per UPMan, I have set the Attenuator flag to "On" for the Air Methods group and hopefully that will deter the scanner from accidentally pulling EMS traffic on the Air Evac channel.

Just to try it, I've set 155.6100 to NFM which has actually improved reception and audio quality of the mobile units for Greensburg Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.