Greenville County/City

Status
Not open for further replies.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I was just in Greenville visiting our daughter at Furman, and programmed in the Palmetto 800 system (all 3 sites) and noticed that I hear nothing. I did, however, hear everyone loud and clear on the VHF & UHF channels. I noticed several GCSO cars with the 800 antenna on the back. Are they having problems with the 800 or simply not on it as the database shows?

LarrySC

Greenville twr #35 has about 19 agencys on it. One of the most powerful towers in the state. Some people claim they can hear it without a scanner. Just stick your finger in your ear. Operator error seems to be the problem. Most likely scanner not set to "rebanded". Larry

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
GCSO is not a regular user of Palmetto 800, they primarily use UHF conventional channels. They do use Palmetto 800 for some sensitive operations from time to time.

Greenville FD and PD use Palmetto 800 exclusively.

Other common users of the Greenville site are SCHP (Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson dispatch channels), Medshore Ambulance and MedTrans medical helicopters.

I agree with Larry that operator error might be reason you didn't hear anything. Site 35 is a very busy site and has great coverage, as Larry said.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Well, I'll be back there in May for our daughter's graduation, and now I have my 436, so it shouldn't be a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.