Greenville County Sheriff's Office (sc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
You can download a Free Program software from Whistler website to program that Scanner with as i have program that same type Scanner for my Local Fire Dept.

Last edited:

ZacharyDill

Doesn't play well with others.
You can download a Free Program software from Whistler website to program that Scanner with as i have program that same type Scanner for my Local Fire Dept.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know, Mckinscan. You said that you're using the Whistler TXR 1 for scanning your local Fire Department, when you program it using the free program software do you need a program cable or is it included with the scanner when it's purchased? My second question would be, is your local Fire Department using a "trunked" p25 phase 1 or 2 system which allows you to scan them using this particular scanner?

I'm looking to buy it in a couple of months from now for $69 from an online retail.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
No I don't own the Whistler TXR-1 My Local Fire Dept is one who own the Whistler TX 1 scanner i only Program it for them so they can Listen to the EMS Calls and the Spartanburg County SO Calls & Highway Patrol Calls so it give them some addition information while they are reponding to the Calls. my Local FD used the VHF Band Radio System. only one who is on the 800 Trunk system in my county is the County SO and City PD and Towns PD and EMS and Highway Patrol. & Hazmat

JamesBrown34

I’m using an older version of this scanner and updated the frequency’s the other day using there free software and every so often I will pick up GCSO. I think it’s something to do with the area (I’m in northern Greenville county.) But I am able to pick up others l.. Beging to wonder if the “free” software has all of the new GCSO channels. I do believe I only have one of the new 800 channels. Will update in a few days and see if there’s a difference.

ZacharyDill

James,

What software are you referring to?

Instead of all the extra information, if it is new frequencies, just give those to me so I can try them.

- Zachary

mckinscan

Feed Provider
I’m using an older version of this scanner and updated the frequency’s the other day using there free software and every so often I will pick up GCSO. I think it’s something to do with the area (I’m in northern Greenville county.) But I am able to pick up others l.. Beging to wonder if the “free” software has all of the new GCSO channels. I do believe I only have one of the new 800 channels. Will update in a few days and see if there’s a difference.

what type of Scanner do you have you need to have a Scanner that can pick up the 800 MHZ P-25 digital.

JamesBrown34

I’m using a Grecom PSR-800. The free software I was referring to is from grecom and It uses RF database. I updated the talk groups and did a full restore this morning and am now able to hear all of Greenville county’s traffic including EMS. If your on a budget this is a good scanner I actually bought mine locally from a guy name the scanner man. He’s a regular at the Barn yard market.

JamesBrown34

I use Grecoms software that is used for my scanner. They use RR datesbase. Grecom is a SD based scanner. You will still need a scanner that has 800 capabilities. They didn’t switch to another 460 frequency. Sorry if I made it sound that way.

ZacharyDill

I use Grecoms software that is used for my scanner. They use RR datesbase. Grecom is a SD based scanner. You will still need a scanner that has 800 capabilities. They didn’t switch to another 460 frequency. Sorry if I made it sound that way.

No your fine! I understand what you're talking about. Could you provide me with the 800 frequencies you were referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.