Greenville County

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know if they have been encrypted? Not able to pickup anything from Greenville County, been this for a few days now.
Thanks

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
I am using the Palmetto 800, SDS200, I can get FD, just no police channels city or county. Maybe reloading it will work??

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I am using the Palmetto 800, SDS200, I can get FD, just no police channels city or county. Maybe reloading it will work??

What site of Palmetto 800 are you monitoring? That plays a critical role in what agencies you hear at any particular time.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
GCS, Fountain Inn PD, Simpsonville PD, Mauldin PD, I'm am still getting Laurens County SD and some EMS

N4DJC

Are all the Greenville systems you have programmed turned on? Depending on your location, you should be hearing a lot of traffic. I’m supposing you have the correct services turned on?

I’m in Anderson and hear Greenville County traffic on my SDS200 and 100. I’m not close enough to catch Greenville City sites.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
2 Months ago I started losing sites. Now today, I have nothing. I had a little this morning, gone now.

N4DJC

2 Months ago I started losing sites. Now today, I have nothing. I had a little this morning, gone now.

Can you give us your basic SDS200 set up?

IE, do you have it set using the Zip Code feature?

Or are you using Location Control with your GPS coordinates? If so, what range is set?

Are you hearing conventional systems clearly?

Your general location in Greenville County would give us an idea how far you might be from specific tower sites.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
SDS200, Using the GPS coordinates, Greenville Co. set at 25 miles. I hear Laurens and it is set 20 miles.
I hear some conventional from Laurens and very little from Greenville.
I live in Fountain Inn, off of Greenpond Rd., close to Laurens/Greenville county line. Thanks

N4DJC

You sure ought to be hearing traffic, I think the two closest simulcast towers are on E and W Georgia Road.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
I reloaded everything and it seems to gotten worse,,,,
??????

N4DJC

Have you tried the SDS200 using the factory telescoping whip? I’m not having any trouble with my 100 (or 200 w/ the factory whip) using the Remtronx antenna. It’s not close to being as effective as an outside antenna.

KN4UBH

Premium Subscriber
Still no luck, I reloaded the sites again, no Greenville Co.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
do you have the Greenville County Simmucast freq program and Cedar head and Hogback towers

i'm in Spartanburg and i can hear Greenville EMS,Some Sheriff and i pickup Greenville City Fd at times. i don't think i have any of the FD TG program in my scanner.

jgiercyk

Does anybody know if they have been encrypted? Not able to pickup anything from Greenville County, been this for a few days now.
Thanks
Have you checked the feedline to your antenna? It sounds like this started happening when the last hurricane came through. Disconnect the connection to the antenna and any other adapters you have in-line and look for water. It doesn't sound like there's a problem with your SDS200 or the Palmetto 800 system. If you have a spare antenna, try swapping it in and see what you hear. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.