Greenville Palmetto 800 signal

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
I got a signal from the Greenville system thats 42 miles but while scanning the signal bar fluctuates between 2 and 5 should I be able to pick up something

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If I recall correctly, you're using a BCD436HP? That scanner is known to struggle with simulcast systems, of which the Greenville site is one. So on top of being far away, what signal you're receiving may be giving your scanner trouble with decoding of the CQPSK signal. Unfortunately, it's difficult to know with certainty if that is your issue, or not.

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly, you're using a BCD436HP? That scanner is known to struggle with simulcast systems, of which the Greenville site is one. So on top of being far away, what signal you're receiving may be giving your scanner trouble with decoding of the CQPSK signal. Unfortunately, it's difficult to know with certainty if that is your issue, or not.
I have the antenna right on the Simpsonville site but with the 40 degree beamwidth all sites are in that should I turn it a few degrees toward Laurens if that would help