Greenville Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

Dispatch was on 460.250 mhz PL 127.3 on Monday at 5:00pm plus. I usually only hear sporatic comms on this channel but today it was as if the North Command channel was down. Was anything interesting going on?

Bob

LarrySC

Channel 5 is used as backup for any good reason. I usually just monitor Ch-3 but when the female dispatcher with the Cancer Voice is on duty I just monitor Fire/RQ Bank.

rescuecomm

Same here on the LEO channels. I usually listen to 462.950, 453.500 and 462.975 for Greenville County. My Kenwood 710 has the UTac channels along with the SC-Utac. I had 460.250 in with PL 156.7, but noticed while at a traffic light there was activity. Switched to carrier squelch and there they were.

I was not doing the "distracted driving" thing.

LOL>.....

Bob

pugacre1

Greenville SO

New to area- what is the service boundary for North and South county radio channel areas? If they are involved in a search (SAR)- tac channel? Thx

Alan K6PUG
Taylors SC

pugacre1

Greenville SO North and South

<Search Gvl Co Sheriff and look for maps. North Command is mostly Sans Souci and Berea.>

Does that mean the rest of county north of that also?
What about Taylors area and unincorporated nearby?

And does "Greenville City limits" mean South channel is south of CL to the south end of county? I know I saw a map somewhere sev months ago before I arrived but cannot find. Was a Sheriff's volunteer for SAR in No CA so accustomed to following; altho I know SAR groups are not officially attached to SO here.

Status
Not open for further replies.