Greenville/Spartanburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

When I bought my scanner about 6 years ago (RadioShack Digital Trunking Handheld) I had a great older man named Larry that lived near Furman University program it for me. He isn’t with us anymore and I no longer hear Spartanburg County Sheriff. I was hoping someone could help me. He did put Palmetto 800 on it but maybe something has changed?? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Hi MatthewG! I'm not ~real~ close to you, but maybe we can get a few more details to figure things out. Take a look at the scanner and let us know which model you have, should be a PRO-xxx where the x's are numbers. The number may be on the front or back-if on the back it is usually on a label that is sometimes partially covered by the belt clip. Do you have any programming software or cable for the scanner?

Let us know what you find. If you happen to have a cable/software, one of us should be able to build a file for you and walk you through loading it. If you don't have any extras, at least the group will know what you do have and hopefully someone nearby can help.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Matthew -

I'm in Spartanburg and use the same model scanners as you. Feel free to shoot me a private message and we can work on it.

Edit - you may need to make some more forum posts before private messages are enabled for you.

Brian

MatthewG

Matthew -

I'm in Spartanburg and use the same model scanners as you. Feel free to shoot me a private message and we can work on it.

Edit - you may need to make some more forum posts before private messages are enabled for you.

Brian
Matthew -

Brian
Hi Brian, it doesn’t look like I’m able to send messages like you said. I have the PRO-651. It was programmed for multiple agencies around us. There’s just not that much activity on it and I feel like something’s wrong. I’m a complete rookie when it comes to this stuff. What do you recommend as a starting point? I should have the original cable to plug into a computer I would just have to hunt for it if needed. I appreciate the help. This forum seems to have a lot of good people in it.

MatthewG

Hi MatthewG! I'm not ~real~ close to you, but maybe we can get a few more details to figure things out. Take a look at the scanner and let us know which model you have, should be a PRO-xxx where the x's are numbers. The number may be on the front or back-if on the back it is usually on a label that is sometimes partially covered by the belt clip. Do you have any programming software or cable for the scanner?

Let us know what you find. If you happen to have a cable/software, one of us should be able to build a file for you and walk you through loading it. If you don't have any extras, at least the group will know what you do have and hopefully someone nearby can help.
Thank you Lands818. I’m going to see if Brian can help me since we are in the same city. I appreciate your offer to help.

glee1942

Premium Subscriber
Matthew -

Brian
brian i have a radio shack 2096 scanner and a ez scan 668 larry willians use to help me with my scanner.i have lost most of greenville freq and others is there a fix for that. any help will be appreated i live in cross anchor sc name here is george glee1942@aol.com

reconrider8

looking at the db here it looks like its Spartanburg has a simulcast set of towers so im wondering if it has something to do with that.

rescuecomm

Greenville County Sheriff, EMS, and the UHF Fire Department dispatch moved to the Palmetto 800 system in 2020. A consolidated dispatch center for Taylor's, Boiling Springs, and Greer (Firecomm) also came on line in 2020 using the Palmetto 800. Wade Hampton is also on it. In other words, the former VHF and UHF dispatch channels are no longer used. I use a Pro-197 to listen at home, but the dual band ham mobile is not good for county anymore.

Bob

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also being a LSM cell your going to need lots of luck with most scanners or great yagi's and aiming...

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Most of Greenville and Spartanburg fire and EMS was still analog a couple of years ago Like previous post said, now consolidated, so just a new scan list and you should be OK. I use a 668 and suffer very little simulcast problems here. And as a side note, Larry taught me hoe to program and he was a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.