Greenway Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Anybody in or around Clay County Know what the Greenway Fire Dept. Page Channel is? Is it the clay 911 ops channel?

We took some classes last weekend with a guy from Greenway and were wondering what frequency they were on. He was here in our city about 40 miles from Greenway or so and they got paged to a house fire, He heard it on his pager just about half of it then it broke up. But we wondered what system would be that strong. Is it the clay county 911 ops channel in the DB? Does anyone know?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If its VHF then you can hear it up to 60 or more miles. I monitor several VHF stations regularly that are at least that far away and these are only 40 to 50 watt rptrs. but they are on great elevations. I regularly monitor high power 100 watt VHF rptrs up to 100 miles or farther. If they run a VHF rptr at at least 40 watts on a 100 foot agl tower you should easily get siganl at 30 miles. may not be perfect... But you will hear em. Now take that 100 foot tower and put it up on a hill or mtn... now your talking out to 50, 60 miles. If they run 100 watts.... Thats even farther. Most stations here in AR run 30, 40 , 50 watts on VHF, and that is surprising to me. I am used to most VHF running 100 watts standard. The newest P-25, and NexEDGE, and MotoTRBO digital has to run maximum available output to get best possible usage on digital. So if any newer stations within 100 to 120 miles of me run digital I will be monitoring them. Of course with ducting this range increases on a massive scale. I monitored an SO from somewhere in TX i beleive that runs full P-25 on 154.8000 , and another freq. I heard full signal clear as a bell on P-25 ducted from at least 200 miles away. With no motorboating!

btritch

I can hear our county from here all the way in Hardy/Sharp county clear and also In Dexter Missouri. I have proved it...I can hear them on a handheld all the way from Trumann which is quite aways away, I heard out Sheriff's office secondary from Black rock about 50 miles and that was UHF 400 MHZ LTR Trunking on a handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.