Greenwich Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
The Greenwich Fire Department has started their change over to the digital talkgroups that are listed in the database. I believe that they are still simulcasting over the analog ones untill all the radios have been reprogrammed. I do not have any NAC codes as my scanner does not have that capability. If you want to listen to them you can go to Tom Alessi's ScanGreenwich.com

Dave

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
The Greenwich Fire Department has started their change over to the digital talkgroups that are listed in the database. I believe that they are still simulcasting over the analog ones untill all the radios have been reprogrammed. I do not have any NAC codes as my scanner does not have that capability. If you want to listen to them you can go to Tom Alessi's ScanGreenwich.com

Dave

Thanks for the update. Both categories Greenwich Fire Department and Greenwich Fire Department Digital talkgroups are still in the database. I was a little hesitant to do any major editing since some of the talkgroups IDs differ.

Does anyone have an updated Talkgroup list for Greenwich??

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Chris,
The old fire department analog talkgroups are still being used untill all the radios are reprogrammed. At some point they will turn the simulcast off on the analog ones and just use the digital ones. I noticed you changed the analog ones in the database which is incorrect as they have the new ones for digital. Same goes for PD and EMS they are using the new digital ones. I don't know if PD has any analog radios left and EMS is all digital now. To sum it up, there are really no changes needed to the database as all the new talkgroups are already there. The lower number talkgroups are all analog and the talkgroups starting with 14 are the digital ones.
Dave

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Chris,
The old fire department analog talkgroups are still being used untill all the radios are reprogrammed. At some point they will turn the simulcast off on the analog ones and just use the digital ones. I noticed you changed the analog ones in the database which is incorrect as they have the new ones for digital. Same goes for PD and EMS they are using the new digital ones. I don't know if PD has any analog radios left and EMS is all digital now. To sum it up, there are really no changes needed to the database as all the new talkgroups are already there. The lower number talkgroups are all analog and the talkgroups starting with 14 are the digital ones.
Dave

Thanks for the clarification, my mistake, I will change those back to analog. Are there any new digital talkgroups that need to be added?

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I do not know of any but that does not mean there are not any new ones. I will see what I can find out and post anything I can.

JServidio

Today I saw a new talkgroup of 14096. It sounded like it was a Police talkgroup.

Regards, Jerry

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I have 14096 as a police department talkgroup for their SRU team. SRU = Special Response Unit
Chris, you can add that one to the database if you like.

Dave

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I have 14096 as a police department talkgroup for their SRU team. SRU = Special Response Unit
Chris, you can add that one to the database if you like.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the update. Has it been confirmed that 14096 is a talkgroup for the Police Department Special response unit??

CTBand

Dave- could you please please email me? I was trying to find a way to send a PM to you but couldn't. 1BigT@optonline.net... I need your expertise on something. I live in Norwalk.thanks!

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Contact

Dave- could you please please email me? I was trying to find a way to send a PM to you but couldn't. 1BigT@optonline.net... I need your expertise on something. I live in Norwalk.thanks!

I am in New Canaan here, we should exchange info. TRried to PM you but looks like you have all that shut off on RR.

n3kdj {AT} arrl [Dot] net

JServidio

Does anyone have a breakdown of which engines are assigned to which firehouses? In the old days when each fire station had their own frequency it was easy to tell. Now with the combined systems all I hear is the engine numbers being sent out.

Regards, Jerry

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Station 1 = Central Station - Engine 1, Tower 1, Hazmat 1, SO 1
Station 2 = Cos Cob - Engine 2, Engine 21, Patrol 2
Station 3 = Byram - Engine 3, Engine 31
Station 4 = Glenville - Engine 4, Engine 41, Ladder 4
Station 5 = Sound Beach - Engine 5, Engine 51, Ladder 5, Rescue 5
Station 6 = Round Hill - Engine 6, Engine 61, Tanker 6
Station 7 = Banksville - Engine 7, Tanker 7
Station 8 = North Street - Engine 8
DCx = Career Deputy Chief

This is a basic list that does not include some of the smaller vehicles and other support vehicles.

As you are aware, most if not all calls have at least 2 stations dispatched for minimum manpower requirements.

Dave

JServidio

I noticed on the Greenwich Trunking system two new trunk ID's:

Anyone have any ideas what these are for? If I was to guess, it sounded like Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.