Greenwood FD DPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs369

I "think" this was originally setup for members to monitor the dispatch and fire ground. There are a couple of others who rebroadcast this in DE all on their own freqs. But you probably already know this.
Regards...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
453.150 is licensed to Sussex County DE under WPOZ487 at the site in Greenwood. I believe it was one of the original fire tac channels in the county before the 800 system was installed. It may not be exclusive to Greenwood VFC - other fire companies in the area might use it as well (if they still have UHF radios.)

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
The Delaware State 800 MHz system was contracted in 1993. At that time Sussex County was still using low band. Most of the 453 frequencies were set up to relay the traffic from 800 system to scanners that covered the usual fire bands. Search the license data looking at expired licenses to see the flow of the time line with frequency usage. It was easier (and less expensive) just to relay the comms to common scanner ranges than try to get 800 portables.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The Delaware State 800 MHz system was contracted in 1993. At that time Sussex County was still using low band. Most of the 453 frequencies were set up to relay the traffic from 800 system to scanners that covered the usual fire bands. Search the license data looking at expired licenses to see the flow of the time line with frequency usage. It was easier (and less expensive) just to relay the comms to common scanner ranges than try to get 800 portables.
Yea, I see that - I thought they were on UHF prior, but I wasn't around then, lol. Maybe the UHF band was chosen to support fire company portables as they would be cheaper than trunked system radios? I can see it support member's old scanners - not sure how their UHF pagers were configured. Maybe fire police radios as well.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I see that - I thought they were on UHF prior, but I wasn't around then, lol. Maybe the UHF band was chosen to support fire company portables as they would be cheaper than trunked system radios? I can see it support member's old scanners - not sure how their UHF pagers were configured. Maybe fire police radios as well.

Most of the relays that I have monitored (not too many since I can monitor the trunk system better) are not pl or dpl. That way you just plug in the frequency into a scanner and listen. They may use the UHF for simplex comms for fire company use but I am sure they are not as busy as other countys such as New Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.