Greenwood SWAT training

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

So I come back to my parents house after running around all morning. Guess what I find at the end of their street? A FULL SWAT team going up to a house at the end of the block. Talk about a pucker factor of about 10, also not what you want to see at the end of your block. They had a SMALL sign saying it was training. I tried to get pics, but they are not letting people watch..

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I didn't even think greenwood village had a swat team. Is it a combined team from different cities in Arapahoe county? Or maybe, was it Arapahoe County swat?

I would really be surprised if Greenwood had its own swat team. They have trouble enough responding and investigating the few little incidents that they have each year.

cstockmyer

k0pwo said:
I didn't even think greenwood village had a swat team. Is it a combined team from different cities in Arapahoe county? Or maybe, was it Arapahoe County swat?

I would really be surprised if Greenwood had its own swat team. They have trouble enough responding and investigating the few little incidents that they have each year.

I promise they do. All staffed by greenwood village officers. They even have an RV on roids with GWVPD SWAT on the side. It came into being in 96, they said it was needed due to having the DTC in the city and other things.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Well I believe ya. I just never would have thought that Greenwood would have their own swat. And yes they are right! That have had so many incidents in DTC requiring the command/swat vehicle and all.

Who do they train with? Do you have any idea? Or do they just go it on their own.

cstockmyer

k0pwo said:
Well I believe ya. I just never would have thought that Greenwood would have their own swat. And yes they are right! That have had so many incidents in DTC requiring the command/swat vehicle and all.

Who do they train with? Do you have any idea? Or do they just go it on their own.

All I saw yesterday was Greenwood guys...according to the neighborhood prez they asked to use the house due to the fact it's going to be torn down soon. So they could tear it up. I would think at some point maybe they would cross train w/ the Arapaho sheriffs, maybe even Metro. I wish they would of let me take pictures, it was cool, and those stun grandees are LOUD!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
All I saw yesterday was Greenwood guys...according to the neighborhood prez they asked to use the house due to the fact it's going to be torn down soon. So they could tear it up. I would think at some point maybe they would cross train w/ the Arapaho sheriffs, maybe even Metro. I wish they would of let me take pictures, it was cool, and those stun grandees are LOUD!

As a public street you could have probably pushed the picture thing, but probably better to not go there.

Jim<

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
As a public street you could have probably pushed the picture thing, but probably better to not go there.

Jim<

lol I did not stick around to long. It was at the end of my parents street.

Status
Not open for further replies.