Greetings, and Appropriate Forum Inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdyOne

Hello there. :)

I'm completely new here, completely unfamiliar with the nomenclature, science, and technology of this area of interest, and completely unsure where to post a rather odd series of inquiries I have that I have some hope some aspect of the evidently informed and helpful membership of this community might be able to elucidate for me.

I am not a radio hobbyist. I don't even own a radio. However for many years - until recently - myself and a friend have heard some extremely bizarre things over our phones (several different phones, at several different residences,) of a surreal and repetitive nature. While looking into what this may have been, I discovered that what we heard might bear some similarity to certain numbers stations. This was no mere random interference and was extremely repetitive and cogent, if strange. (Even spooky.)

I would like to go into more detail and inquire about this phenomenon, but am unsure as to what forum I should post such questions in. If anyone could direct me to the appropriate forum, I would be most grateful. Keep in mind when considering which forum to suggest, that this was heard over cordless telephones (sometimes cellular, sometimes land lines,) not radios. However I hope the expertise and knowledge base of this community might provide some leads as to what exactly was heard and why. I already have some guesses, but no facts.

I know it's a bit odd. But it is something which has plagued us for quite some time. Thank-you.

rwier

Last edited:

WeirdyOne

Well I created my topic in the specified forum, received a few replies to which I'd love to respond. Now when I go to reply to the topic I receive this message:

WeirdyOne, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why is this? I'm logged in.

WeirdyOne

I don't see any reason why you should e seeing that message.

http://forums.radioreference.com/of...-various-cordless-phones-years-questions.html

is your original post.

When I click "Post a reply" on that topic, I get this screen despite being logged in.

CantPost_zps46e92781.png

rwier

"or it may be awaiting activation" is probably the culprit, lol. It may have to due with the small number of posts. Moderators have some rules to keep out undesirables (my categorization, not the mod's). Should be ok shortly, be patient.

WeirdyOne

"or it may be awaiting activation" is probably the culprit, lol. It may have to due with the small number of posts. Moderators have some rules to keep out undesirables (my categorization, not the mod's). Should be ok shortly, be patient.

I don't understand. Why am I able to post here? And why was I able to post that original topic, but not to reply to it? People there are questioning both my integrity and my sanity. Understandable given the content I suppose, but I sure would like to be able to defend myself. The longer my inability to reply to it goes on, the more likely it seems those who have replied will assume I'm a no-show and that I was simply trolling or having a laugh or some such. (Or worse.)

And I can assure any of them who might see this topic: I wasn't. I'm a skeptical person. I never intended to imply or suggest a belief in a non-mundane explanation for what I was inquiring about. I was hoping for and fully expect a rational, mundane, technological explanation. I simply want to know what that might be. I'm here to learn. Nothing more. And certainly not to troll. :(

WeirdyOne

Check this link, (required reading before posting in the forums), your first several posts are delayed due to moderation:

http://forums.radioreference.com/forum-rules-guidelines/212468-attention-all-new-members.html

Please see the above replies I posted. I'm aware of this rule. It's not what I'm talking about. The forum is barring me from making a reply to the other topic I created at all, not just delaying it for moderation. I am unable to reply. See the attached image in the post above.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Your user profile looks normal and I don't see anything wrong with the thread.
Try posting to it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.