Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

forvols

Greetings everyone

I just got a BCT15X, currently scanning the preprogrammed TN freqs. and I have downloaded free scan. I have started building my first commplan(system). Its pretty neat, especially to an old submarine radioman.
Great forum, Ive been reading quite a bit here lots of information.Looking forward to conversations and learning more from you guys.

regards,
Tony

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Welcome to the forums, and hope you find useful data in our DB. Anything we can help you with, feel free to ask. You should still be able to get plenty of enjoyment from your analog scanner for a while. Not everyone has gone digital yet. :)

jfhtm350

Welcome. As far I can recieve, everything in Hawkins county is still analog. If your interested in Grainger Co, the Sheriff, EMS, and Rutledge FD are running MotoTurbo. Any questions or unknown frequencies you may find, post them. We are happy to help.

forvols

All - thanks for the welcome. I have developed about 5 systems using freescan (thanks n4yek found your website very helpful tables). I have trucked and conventional waiting for my serial to usb adaptor to try them out.

Question: TRUNKED SYSTEM - FREESCAN- SITE SETUP comes up with "command channel only" auto selected(checked). Should this be unchecked to receive all audio on the site talk groups?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
On an Motorola or P25 TRS, you want to use Control Chan Only trunking as it speeds up the tracking/scanning process very much. You will receive all the audio still. On EDACS, and LTR systems this function will not work due to how these systems are set up.

forvols

Got my serial to usb adapter uploaded systems to scanner and I am off and running. I have Hawkins(conv), Sullivan(conv & trunked) TNHP district 5 conv, and the the preprogrammed state is running. Got a few unidentified talk groups on Sullivan county. Even getting hits on Unicoi county conv. though I havent loaded a system for that, may not good distance to Unicoi. I also loaded Scott county VA. Im going to load Washington county also. But I saw alot of those are encrypted.

Tony

n4yek

You won't hear very much from the THP Dist 5 as they are on the statewide TACN system and are digital. Every now and then you will hear them use their old low band freqs but that is a rare thing.
Enjoy your new scanner, i am sure you will like it.

jfhtm350

I probably wouldnt use any of the preprogrammed stuff. I dont know if you can delete them but there should be a way to do so. My pro106 preprogrammed data was severly outdated and yours probably is too. Just program your own. That way you know they are correct.

forvols

Thanks I will give it a try...

For anyone that wants to know:

SULLIVAN COUNTY TGID 48880 - EMS to HOLSTON VALLEY HOSPITAL for patient vitals and condition. Heard about 10 calls on there and HVH is the only one acknowledging the calls.

forvols

jfhtm350 - Thanks for the advice on the UNIDEN form. I did a search and found simple direction on turning off the pre-programmed state scanning in the BTC15X -- yep I know search is your friend..

Tony

forvols

milf - Thanks for drawing my attention to this. I didnt have any of the hopsital TG loaded or BLUFF CITY.
So I did a scrub of my SULLIVAN TRS system and added these along with BMS I/O(got a race there this weekend might be good listening). Any new ones popup I will do a better job at checking the RR database before submission.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.