Grepsr600 Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

I have had this radio for al most two month's an have never tryed the weather so i hit the weather button an i hear nothing it just sits on ......WX3.....When i try to change it it won't move it just stay's on .....WX3......Can sume one tell me whats up with this. or is it broke.or is it sume kind of seting.what do you folk's think.

ibagli

Is "STBY" in all caps on the screen? If it is, the audio is muted until it gets an alert. Try hitting F2 to see if it switches.

pinhead

weather

I tryed that but if i turn the sq all the way down i can go up an down 1 to 7 but all i hear is white noise. an i tryed three kind's of antenn's.an when i get to wx 7 an turn the sq back up, it go's back to ......WX3. I don't unstand it. my pro 95 an pro 2053 hit wx an boom the weather is there. on 162.55 the psr does nothing. an i have read the manual step by step.doe's this thing need to be sent in for repair.or is there sume kind of seting that iam missing.

raisindot

pinhead said:
I tryed that but if i turn the sq all the way down i can go up an down 1 to 7 but all i hear is white noise. an i tryed three kind's of antenn's.an when i get to wx 7 an turn the sq back up, it go's back to ......WX3. I don't unstand it. my pro 95 an pro 2053 hit wx an boom the weather is there. on 162.55 the psr does nothing. an i have read the manual step by step.doe's this thing need to be sent in for repair.or is there sume kind of seting that iam missing.

I think that it's set up to "lock on" to the strongest frequency, and if if doesn't think an alternate frequency is strong enough, it doesn't let you switch. It just may be that the PSR500 is having trouble locking real signal of that "strongest frequency" in a way other scanners aren't.

I had this same issue come up when I took my Pro-95 to Chicago. Even though there are several weather frequencies around there, the WX button would only let me "lock in" on one of them, and reception was barely audible.

What you might want to do is enter all of the area weather frequencies manually just to test how the PSR500 receives them. If they're coming in much stronger "manually" than through the WX function, then there may be some setting in the WX function that's interfering with it. Or, maybe there's local interference from something or the other.

Suzie

sandman38

Premium Subscriber
my gre psr500

my scanner is receiving wx 3,2,7 I am listening south subs .......will see if warning alerts work today......they say rough wx may occur
73 wqce879
sandman38

pinhead

psr600 weather

ok folk's i tried two other antenns with no luck .I put them in the tune mode an no luck don't hear any thing . I DID A RESET AN TRIED AN NO GO. THEN I LOADED MY SCAN LIST BACK IN AN IT SEEM'S TO SCANN EVERY THING OK BUT IT WILL NOT PICK UP THE WEATHER. WHAT DO YOU FOLK'S THINK .THINK I SHOULD SEND IT BACK TO GRE.

pinhead

psr600 weather

Ok Folk's I Don't Understand .i Put The Stock Antenna On The Radio An I Have Never Used The Stock Antenna Till Now An It Work's. I Was Using A Out Side Antenna An The Radio Shack 800mhz Antenna. An It Would Not Work. Why Is This. But It Will Work With The Stock Antenna. Un Real. Never Had This Happen Before. This Radio Is Strange.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
pinhead said:
Ok Folk's I Don't Understand .i Put The Stock Antenna On The Radio An I Have Never Used The Stock Antenna Till Now An It Work's. I Was Using A Out Side Antenna An The Radio Shack 800mhz Antenna. An It Would Not Work. Why Is This. But It Will Work With The Stock Antenna. Un Real. Never Had This Happen Before. This Radio Is Strange.

Its getting overloaded by a nearby signal on those other antennas. Next time you try another antenna try turning on the att. The stock antenna is "deaf" enough so that it attenuates the nearby signals enough so you can pick up the weather channel.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Listen to scanfan and STOP using the caps button on your keyboard ;) It really does make your posts hard to read.

pinhead

Gre Psr Weather

I Talked To .....gre....they Told Me What Was Going On. Iam Sorry .i Had The Caps On Again. Sorry. Pinhead.

pinhead

psr600 weather

Ok folks ......GRE...... has the radio. they told me to send it back to them so i did. i told them the weather was not working you could hardly hear it. on my other gre radio's the weather is clear as a bell . so the tech said it sounds like it's in the ......vhf......so iam waiting to hear from them.first they said i was going to get a new radio. then they said they were going to fix the one i sent them so Iam just waiting to hear what they got to say. I think they should give me a new one. the radio is not that old. But i guess as long as it get's fixy that's all that matter's. I will let you's no what they say. EARL E.

pinhead

psr600 weather

Hello folks got a email from .........GRE.........They replaced my radio with a new one.iam very happy can't wait to get it. ....GRE..........ROCK'S. EARL E.

Status
Not open for further replies.