Gresham Police Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildmangk

Hi, I am new to all this scanner stuff. I just bought an old Bearcat BC144XL today and am messing around with it. I've searched online and have come across some frequency's but when I dial them in I get nothing.

I am currently trying to listen to Gresham police on freq. 20816 and on my display I get an "E", could it be that it's blocked? I get the same E for various frequencies at PDX. Any help would be appreciated. Great website by the way!!!

wildmangk

So will it be impossible for me to hear Gresham Police at all? Or is there anything I can do to hear them and PDX?

DCMon

Need different radio

wildmangk said:
So will it be impossible for me to hear Gresham Police at all? Or is there anything I can do to hear them and PDX?

Unfortunately wildmangk you will need a different radio that can receive trunking systems. The one you have can only receive regular two-way analog signals. There are several brands including Bearcat but until you do that you won't here the system that interests you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A quick skip through the database shows the majority of the systems in Multnomah county are analog in nature (just one P25 JWIN system...) so any of the trunktrackers listed below should work....

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:Analog_Trunktrackers

Anything in blue (or underlined, in the wiki) is a link.

But before you proceed, I'd read the trunking article OregonTreeHugger posted the link for in an earlier message.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.