Grey County Paramedic Service (EMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me what freq/mode Grey County Paramedic is on? I'm not sure I trust the TAFL for this.
Surprisingly, there's nothing in the database.

mciupa

Database Admin
I was going to say monitor talkgroups for both London CACC and Georgian CACC from FleetNet to hear calls in Grey County. Maybe someone living up that way can confirm.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
London North although you might hear the units based at Craigleith during ski season on some of the Simcoe channels.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone here let me know which towers would you hear London North? From my experiences London North is only Bruce and Grey Counties.

I'm guessing that anything listed in London CACC as city would be for the city of London.

London West is I'm guessing Middlesex Co, I.e. Strathroy, London East is maybe Perth and Huron and Oxford.?.

Which CACC does Elgin County?

What are the talkgroups for patches? Does London North have its own TG for patches?

And finally does anyone here have a up to date RIDS list for London CACC?

mciupa

Database Admin
Try Primrose if possible for you, Eric. I've had London North show up on Primrose here in Toronto, but no other London talkgroups. Primrose is on the fringe of my reception capabilities.
I would think London CACC is the one for Elgin County.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Try Primrose if possible for you, Eric. I've had London North show up on Primrose here in Toronto, but no other London talkgroups. Primrose is on the fringe of my reception capabilities.
I would think London CACC is the one for Elgin County.

Gotcha Mike. Sadly I can't get Primrose, I remember getting it in Toronto at times when I was home there, 8th floor facing S and SW Around Marlee and Eg and at work in Rexdale.

I don't think I ever heard any patches to hospitals and I can't ever remember for sure if I heard any patches to Hospitals either than a few in Southern Bruce or Owen Sound

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
London West covers basically from Pt Stanley/St Thomas up west of London (Strathroy) and up to Goderich.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
London West covers basically from Pt Stanley/St Thomas up west of London (Strathroy) and up to Goderich.

Thanks Forts.

Wallaceburg I'm guessing does Lambton and C/Kent?

I'm not sure about this but, there might be a few places in Waterloo Region that Perth might cover, maybe areas north of St. Jacobs?

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Forts.

Wallaceburg I'm guessing does Lambton and C/Kent?

I'm not sure about this but, there might be a few places in Waterloo Region that Perth might cover, maybe areas north of St. Jacobs?

All of Perth County is covered by London East. At one time the Listowel area of Perth County was covered by Cambridge CACC. That changed a year or two after land ambulance was downloaded to the upper tier of local governments.

It was too difficult for the Supervisors knowing where all their crews/coverage were and dealing with two different CACCs/base hospitals. So they eventually brought the Listowel area over to London East.

St. Jacobs is in Waterloo so falls under the Cambridge CACC.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
All of Perth County is covered by London East. At one time the Listowel area of Perth County was covered by Cambridge CACC. That changed a year or two after land ambulance was downloaded to the upper tier of local governments.

It was too difficult for the Supervisors knowing where all their crews/coverage were and dealing with two different CACCs/base hospitals. So they eventually brought the Listowel area over to London East.

St. Jacobs is in Waterloo so falls under the Cambridge CACC.
Thank you Jim.

Does anyone have a up to date list of Grey and Bruce EMS UNITS and RIDS?

I also wonder if the EMS vehicles are moved around, what I mean by this is are a specific unit tied to a EMS station or do they rotate?

Would for instance Bruce EMS 1192 (an example) based in Walkerton always be based in Walkerton or do they enhance the EMS unit and move the above mentioned unit to a station up on the Peninsula?

In Halton for example ten plus years ago #3176 was based on station 4, Aldershot for a few years but then I heard 3176 doing calls in Halton Hills or Rural Milton and was based in the Cambellville station.

gary123

EMS units usually stay in an area. If 1192 is in Walkerton it will say in that area/station. It is not uncommon for a unit to roam a bit during the day to fill in for areas where the local unit for that area is tied up on a call (hours).

Sometimes a unit is rotated out of one station to another. It is either replacing a damaged unit or a older/newer unit. Once again these changes tend to be long term (weeks or forever).

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is it's usually based on mileage. They will rotate vehicles around due to mileage concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.