grimsby and cleethorpes frequencies needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

in2media

anyone on here from grimsby/cleethorpes (uk).
im new to scanning and have a REALISTIC PRO-50 (i got cheap) and am wanting some frequencies

in2media

just been to the frequency database link and in humberside it list the fire etc as 71.10000
my scanner only will enter it as 71.100

am i doing something wrong or is something wrong

brandon

Database Admin
FWIW the fire brigades in the UK operate in AM mode, so make sure that mode is set.
Other possibility is that they have moved to the Airwave system (not monitored with scanner).

Comint

Premium Subscriber
just been to the frequency database link and in humberside it list the fire etc as 71.10000
my scanner only will enter it as 71.100

am i doing something wrong or is something wrong
The Internationally accepted way of listing frequencies, is to 5 decimal places, however, most scanners only DISPLAY a frequency to three decimal places.

--
Comint

citylink_uk

Database Admin
FWIW the fire brigades in the UK operate in AM mode, so make sure that mode is set.
Other possibility is that they have moved to the Airwave system (not monitored with scanner).

Hi,

Humberside are still active on 71.2000 and the system is FM not AM. Most county Fire Brigade radio systems in the UK are AM modulation but there are some FM systems in use too.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
I think Cheshire are 70.7750 AM. Check to see if your scanner can do AM modulation and change the step size to something like 12.5khz spacing.

If you are a distance from the transmitters you may need an outdoor antenna to get these lower frequencies better.

phillmobile

interesting point of view, if a licence is not on here then its being used illegally, why knock it down so quick, surely the wtr is the best place for people who dont know how to press the search button on there radio

troffasky

If they can't press the search button on their radio, then what makes you think they're going to be able to press the search button on the WTR page? Of course if they can't press the search button on their radio then they should probably think about a different hobby...

One reason not to rely on just the WTR is that it only contains tradeable frequencies, so by looking just at the WTR you'd miss things like PMSE, amateur bands, airband, PMR446, Simple UK Light, etc. Personally I find the WTR more useful for referring to once I've found something and I'm trying to identify it.

phillmobile

Thats all well and good but why didnt you post that in the first place instead of just having a go at me, at least i made the most minute effort to help.

If they can't press the search button on their radio, then what makes you think they're going to be able to press the search button on the WTR page? Of course if they can't press the search button on their radio then they should probably think about a different hobby...

One reason not to rely on just the WTR is that it only contains tradeable frequencies, so by looking just at the WTR you'd miss things like PMSE, amateur bands, airband, PMR446, Simple UK Light, etc. Personally I find the WTR more useful for referring to once I've found something and I'm trying to identify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.