• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GROL And FRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have both amateur radio and GROL licenses. When I search the FCC website, I can locate my amateur radio license right away and it lists the FRN. My GROL is there, but it doesn't show up in the search by name. I have noticed that it does not list the FRN. Other than the search aspect that I just mentioned, is there any advantage to add the FRN to my GROL? And, if there is, how do I do it?

EDIT: I found out how to do it now, so I guess the real question is what advantage is there to modify the license, if any?
https://www.fcc.gov/help/updating-f...rn-information-universal-licensing-system-uls

N2AL

I have been studying for the GROL exam. Can you offer me any advice, and tell me what the difficulty level was for you?

arlo

Premium Subscriber
GROL

How do you find your GROL in FCC database?

arlo

Premium Subscriber
GROL

I did a search for all and all for my zip code and I am not listed. I have lost my copy of my General license (First Phone) and would like to find it.

cmdrwill

They did not have FRN back in the First Phone license days. And some of the First phone licenses were changed to GROL.

com501

Go to advanced search, restrict the license type to commercial and restricted, enter your last name, first name (in that order) in the name field.

Licenses for commerical phone do not list anything in the db except name and date issued. No other data will return a search result.

I entered my last name and was on page 3 of 22 of the search results. (1982)

romanr

Correct me if this is wrong, but I was told by someone at the FCC when they changed Commercial License to a GROL that *all* were going to be change (not just "some").

I wound up having to call the FCC to get my GROL associated with my FRN.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I decided to finally give the FCC a call this afternoon. They followed up with an email about the procedure. One of the toughest things for me was remembering the password that I used that many years ago associated with my FRN. When I saw that it was a minimum of six characters, that refreshed my memory.

If you are considering this, I would encourage you to minimize your distractions so that you can focus on this. While it certainly is not that difficult, you simply have to do it exactly how they want it done.

And, for those asking, "Why bother?" it was simple for me. I could easily find my amateur radio call sign, because I searched for it by call sign. When I wanted to find my GROL, I don't have that "call sign" memorized. To make matters worse, when I would search by name, it would find my amateur radio, but not my GROL. Now that they are both associated with my FRN, they both show up when I do a search.

Here is what I was sent:

"The information you requested from the FCC can be found below in the body of the email.

If you have any questions contact us at
(877) 480-3201.

Thank You!

Case Id: HD000000xxxxxxx
Summary: Filing Instructions - Application
Solution Description: Your General Radiotelephone Operator License call sign is XXXXXXXXX.

You will need to provide current mailing address information which you may do by filing an Administrative Update (see detailed filing instructions below).

Associating Call Signs to an FRN:

1. Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password

If you do not know the password:

Click on the Contact Tech Support link

Click the Reset Password button and follow the prompts for resetting the password

After receiving confirmation of a successful password reset, click the link for Universal Licensing System (DO NOT click the CORES Public Interface link.)

Click the button labeled ULS License Manager; you will be taken to the log in screen

2. Select Associate Licenses with your FRN from the left-hand side in License Manager - this will open three (3) more options to choose from

Associate

Re-Associate

Disassociate

3. Select Associate

4. Enter the call sign(s) you wish to associate in the spaces provided; click the Continue button

5. On the Review Call Signs screen, click the Confirm button

6. On the Confirmation screen, click the Return to License Manager button to file an application

Steps to Filing a Request to Update Administrative Information on a License in ULS

Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password

NOTE: If you are taken to the My Applications page after logging in, click My Licenses to begin the steps below

Please refer to the online ?Help files or Common Questions if you need assistance with the application.

PLEASE NOTE: Per Public Notice DA 15-72, The FCC no longer mails license authorizations. If you provide an email address on your application, an official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you after the application has granted.

1. On the left-hand side click Update Licenses

2. Select the licenses and click Add

3. Click Continue to navigate through the application

4. Sign your application and click Submit Application

NOTE: By typing your first and last name in the name fields you have signed your application

After your application has Granted, you may also download an official copy of your license from the License Manager by following the steps below:

Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password

Click the "Download Electronic Authorizations" link on the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.

1. To search for the authorization(s) you want to download:

a. Enter the call sign OR

b. Enter a date range (based on Effective Date of the license)

2. In the My Authorizations box, select the call signs you wish to download.

3. Add the call signs to the Authorizations to Download box.

4. Once the licenses have been selected, click the Download button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

5. The download will be automatically converted to a PDF file, and you can choose to Open (to print) or Save (to save to a desired folder)

Should you have any further questions, or need additional information, please submit a request through https://esupport.fcc.gov/onlinerequest.htm or call the FCC Licensing Support Center at 1-877-480-3201.

Sincerely,

FCC Licensing Support Center

**Please do not reply back to this message. The e-mail address is configured for outgoing e-mail only.**"

Status
Not open for further replies.