Groton will be going "Live" on the CT State Police System during the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday 3/24/19!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowscout

Has anybody heard anything about frequency changes in the future? According to The Day online, Groton will be using their "legacy equipment" and transition over time.

coolrich55

Is the new system just not scanner friendly like the old? On the psr500 the old systems signal is full blast 99%. On the new 700 system I can hardly get anything from the E site. I'm located in Griswold. As a reference I can get the E, D, and C/K sites all full power.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I should mention that I am receiving Groton Pd on the Haddam site not the Troop E site.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I didn't mention earlier, it is a phase 2 talkgroup so those monitoring the old Moto 4.1 system or with a non-Phase 2 scanner probably wouldn't hear it. It should behave just as the old system. If someone is affiliated at a site and the talkgroup is allowed on that site, it will be broadcast over the site in question. However, as soon as the last radio unaffiliates, it will no longer be broadcast at that site. If a talkgroup is blocked from sites, it will not be broadcast.

chris

snowscout

I didn't mention earlier, it is a phase 2 talkgroup so those monitoring the old Moto 4.1 system or with a non-Phase 2 scanner probably wouldn't hear it. It should behave just as the old system. If someone is affiliated at a site and the talkgroup is allowed on that site, it will be broadcast over the site in question. However, as soon as the last radio unaffiliates, it will no longer be broadcast at that site. If a talkgroup is blocked from sites, it will not be broadcast.

chris
So you would need a "phase 2" capable scanner to hear them?

SVFC462

Feed Provider
So you would need a "phase 2" capable scanner to hear them?

Yes - if you want to Monitor the CSERN system .. you will need a phase two scanner (996p2, 325p2, 436, 536, SDS100, SDS200) for when they switch to the Phase two talkgroups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.