Group Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
FYI,
United States Coast Guard Group Buffalo, in Buffalo NY are now calling themselves Niagara - New York Station. Just listening to them on 156.800
Steve

ctadam12

It is U.S.C.G. Sector Buffalo. Sta Niagra is under their command. A mariner can contact the sector or the station on VHF ch 16, or can landline for service.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo

ctadam12 said:
It is U.S.C.G. Sector Buffalo. Sta Niagra is under their command. A mariner can contact the sector or the station on VHF ch 16, or can landline for service.

:confused: Yes I understand everything your saying I said the same things in my original post, I am just pointing out up till now they always said group Buffalo and now this year they have changed this to Niagara-New York Station that's all.
Steve

ctadam12

The CG just combined some units to form Sector commands, that's all. Stations have always been under their commands, kind of like a fire battalion of a major fire department. If you have any other CG questions let me know. I'm active duty and work at a sector. Command structure of CG:

Headquarters

Area (Great Lakes falls under Atlantic AREA) These will be going away soon to form one Operations Command, or OPCOM for PAC area and LANT area.

District (Great Lakes is D9) in Cleveland.

Sectors (Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, Sault Saint Marie, Detroit, Buffalo.

Also, all of the above levels of command have a 24/7 command center, including HQ.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
coast guard

ctadam12 said:
The CG just combined some units to form Sector commands, that's all. Stations have always been under their commands, kind of like a fire battalion of a major fire department. If you have any other CG questions let me know. I'm active duty and work at a sector. Command structure of CG:

Headquarters

Area (Great Lakes falls under Atlantic AREA) These will be going away soon to form one Operations Command, or OPCOM for PAC area and LANT area.

District (Great Lakes is D9) in Cleveland.

Sectors (Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, Sault Saint Marie, Detroit, Buffalo.

Also, all of the above levels of command have a 24/7 command center, including HQ.

Thanks ctadam12 for all the information on the subject it helps me keep up to date with what is going on.
Steve

ecps92

This might help, obtained from http://www.monitoringtimes.com/USCG_Asset_Guide_January_2008.pdf

Sector Buffalo
Station Alex Bay
Station Sackets Harbor, NY
Station Oswego, NY
Station Sodus Point
Station Rochester, NY
Station Niagara, NY
Station Buffalo, NY << Not the Same as Sector Buffalo
Station Erie, PA
Station Ashtabula
Station Fairport
LORAN Station Seneca, NY
MSU Cleveland, OH

Saint said:
Thanks ctadam12 for all the information on the subject it helps me keep up to date with what is going on.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.