Group lockout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to DSDPlus and have MANY questions. At the moment, I'm only using a single dongle and monitoring the control channel. The system I'm monitoring is not officially in operation (Placer County California), only testing, but I see there are groups I have zero interest in, like the transit buses. I see that the default priority starts at "50" and I believe the lower the number, the higher the priority but what if you want to lockout completely? I'm assuming "99" would still play if nothing else was going on, right?

I'm not sure if I should have split my other question under a unique thread, but could I add a third dongle for two simultaneous but unique voice receivers? If so, can you dictate the audio channel of each output (I have Virtual Audio Cable)?

I'm not seeing much in the line of tutorials at this point.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You can play with priorities or just lock them out.

There is 2 ways to lock out a group. First is to click or right click in the channel activity window while the call is in progress. Depending where exactly you click or right click, you can set priorities and lock outs. (This method you have to do while there is an active call.)

The second way (that you can do anytime even if no call is in progress) is to go in your dsd folder and open the groups file. Look for the group you wish not to hear. In the 5th column, it says normal? Right? Make it say L/O. When done editing the groups file, hit save.

Below is from my group file as an example.

line format: protocol, networkID, group, priority, override, hits, timestamp, "group alias"

Code:
Con+,      171,       302000,   50,  Normal,     366,  2017/05/11  8:06,  "Schoolbus 11"
Con+,      171,       302700,   50,  Normal,     238,  2017/02/12 11:15,  "Oil Co (Long Island)"
Con+,      171,       303500,   50,     L/O,     151,  2017/05/30  9:55,  "Delivery Co (Long Island) "
Con+,      171,       304201,   45,     L/O,    6139,  2017/06/14 21:05,  "Northwell ENC"

Try to maintain the spacing in that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.