Grove City System Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveatusa

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what has changed on the Grove City Motorola Type II 800/900 System? I have been unable to receive anything on this system for about 1 week now.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Grove City is on Ohio MARCS IP system .. See RR database ...

Last edited by a moderator:

steveatusa

Premium Subscriber
Yes I know they are on Ohio MARCS IP, with only 9 talkgroups listed and very little traffic. What do you think they are doing with the rest of their radio traffic?

steveatusa

Premium Subscriber
It seems Grove City has moved their radio traffic to the Ohio MARCS IP system. The Radiorefence data base shows Discovery Grove City as having 853.8125 as the CC however I have discovered that the CC is 860.2375. I am receiving a lot more radio trafic on that system now, and I am searching for new talk group ID's.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It seems Grove City has moved their radio traffic to the Ohio MARCS IP system. The Radiorefence data base shows Discovery Grove City as having 853.8125 as the CC however I have discovered that the CC is 860.2375. I am receiving a lot more radio trafic on that system now, and I am searching for new talk group ID's.
Thanks for catching and submitting the new CC. I noticed the Discovery Site went down last week so I have been listening to GC on the Franklin County Site which I do when away from GC. It is not as strong in GC as Discovery is.

860.2375 as well as the other .2375 frequencies is from their old TRS system, so I would say it is definitely offline now.

I always listen to them in Search Mode to catch any new TGs. I heard some testing on several TGs when they first went to the new system but haven't heard them using them. Their Police TAC TGs may have encryption capability. I've heard them say "go to TAC 1" a few times but never heard any traffic. I did hear traffic on 61104 which is in the DB as SW EVENT but it was definitely NARC traffic in the clear.

Last edited:

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for catching and submitting the new CC. I noticed the Discovery Site went down last week so I have been listening to GC on the Franklin County Site which I do when away from GC. It is not as strong in GC as Discovery is.

860.2375 as well as the other .2375 frequencies is from their old TRS system, so I would say it is definitely offline now.

I always listen to them in Search Mode to catch any new TGs. I heard some testing on several TGs when they first went to the new system but haven't heard them using them. Their Police TAC TGs may have encryption capability. I've heard them say "go to TAC 1" a few times but never heard any traffic. I did hear traffic on 61104 which is in the DB as SW EVENT but it was definitely NARC traffic in the clear.

Afternoon W8:

Would Grove City encrypt transmissions without seeking any public feedback? I don't recall reading anything in The Dispatch reference GC considering this. I have a few Zone 3 guys that stop in my store fairly often, maybe they have heard something. Talk with u later.

KD8DVR

Afternoon W8:

Would Grove City encrypt transmissions without seeking any public feedback? I don't recall reading anything in The Dispatch reference GC considering this. I have a few Zone 3 guys that stop in my store fairly often, maybe they have heard something. Talk with u later.

They would easily encrypt without public feedback. Most keep their dispatch channels in the clear and only encrypt the tactical channels. Get used to it, this is becoming more common.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Would Grove City encrypt transmissions without seeking any public feedback?

This is the funnest thing I have ever heard. Public feedback is not required for any agency to use encryption, as the public has no say so. The Fayette County Sheriff now encrypts everything and they did not ask anyone's opinion. Cincinnati and Hamilton County started using encryption on virtually everything but dispatch many years ago on their first P25 system and will continue when they switch to IP. Remember these radio systems are for public safety communications not for entertaining us listeners.

Last edited:

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why you decided to be a prick, I simply posed a question.

This is the funnest thing I have ever heard. Public feedback is not required for any agency to use encryption, as the public has no say so. The Fayette County Sheriff now encrypts everything and they did not ask anyone's opinion. Cincinnati and Hamilton County started using encryption on virtually everything but dispatch many years ago on their first P25 system and will continue when they switch to IP. Remember these radio systems are for public safety communications not for entertaining us listeners.

KevinGC

Grove City PD

I programmed Grove City PD and Jackson Twp Fire into my scanner a month or so ago on the new MARCS IP system. I was able to receive transmissions fine until about a week or so ago. Then it suddenly has gone quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.