Grove Omni II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francosis

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anybody have any experience with this antenna? I'm thinking of purchasing it for my BCT-8 to extend it's VHF aviation reception, will sensitivity suffer because the transformer is 75 ohm instead of 50 ohms that everybody recommends for scanner usage? Can I toss the transformer & just use a length of rg-8x coax with lugs soldered on the ends to attach directly to the vertical elements? Last but not least, how much should I cut off of the elements to tune the antenna to 121.5 MHz? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.grove-ent.com/ANT5.html

Last edited:

ermin

Anybody have any experience with this antenna? I'm thinking of purchasing it for my BCT-8 to extend it's VHF aviation reception, will sensitivity suffer because the transformer is 75 ohm instead of 50 ohms that everybody recommends for scanner usage? Can I toss the transformer & just use a length of rg-8x coax with lugs soldered on the ends to attach directly to the vertical elements? Last but not least, how much should I cut off of the elements to tune the antenna to 121.5 MHz? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grove Omni-II VHF-UHF Receiving Antenna

Never tried that one but the Radio Shack 21-176 is great. I use it for my Pro-96 and for the 2 meter and 70 cm Amateur bands.

Ermin

Status
Not open for further replies.