Grundig help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlingKlang

Hello, friends.

I'm the owner of a Satellit 750 for more than three years. The tuning knob has started to wobble so I have tried to pull it out. I couldn't. I have read that the tuning knob can be removed by pulling. I think I applied quite force but the knob doesn't slip. I'm afraid of damaging something. I own the (second?) version of the sattelit with metal knobs, like this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/igupMlnyn28/hqdefault.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much,

Ángel.

Boombox

If others have said it can be removed, it probably can.

I have read that using a hair dryer on a stubborn knob can help. The heat sort of loosens up the connection between the knob and the shaft.

KlingKlang

Thank you Boombox.

Yes, but since it looks like, as far as I know, there are at least three versions of the radio, I prefer to be careful. I haven't been able to find the service manual. Modern and Chinese times :(

KlingKlang

Done.

The trick is pulling out firmly. The knob is pretty heavy and all this weight is supported by the encoder shaft. I've just ordered the 800 knob:

Grundig Satellit 800 main tuning knob and bushing | eBay

In this design the weight of the knob rests on a fixed sleeve concentric to the encoder shaft.

Another issue with my radio is that the INT/EXT antenna switch is faulty. If I open the case to see what's wrong maybe I will try to add the IF output the Tecsun has and the Grundig/Etón lacks.

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.