Grundig S350DL Tuning Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

I have a Grundig S350DL and as just about ever review I read there is mention of the Sloppy tuning on these receivers.

I decided to take mine apart today to see if I could see anything visibly wrong or repairable and maybe modifiable, After removing the rear case screws and removing the front knobs, I split the receiver and got to the gut's, then removing the very top PCB (the one with the display on it), I noticed there where screws in the center of the large pulley's, I carefully tightened both of them, they were slightly loose but not as much as i thought they would be when i thought to my self, That's the problem....Well like I said, They were not very loose at all but I did CAREFULLY tighten them up, Then I noticed two small brass shims on the main tuning fixture, I removed the two small shims (maybe .005 thick each) and put everything back together,when it came time to push the main tuning knob back on, I push gently to make sure it was aligned properly then I pushed Very Hard to seat it down as far as i could, It is down further then it was before, not by much but It is down further, and it is Not dragging on the case at all, I plugged it back in and What a BIG Difference it made in how it responds to the dial.

If you have one of these receivers, try this, It most certainly helped mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.