Grundig Satellit 700 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok

I just got one of these receivers from a relative,it receives very good on the SW bands but the MW and LW bands while they seem sensitive, there seems to be noise from the radio microproccessor,is this normal for this radio ?
Is there anyway to reduce this noise ?
LW and MW only uses the built in ferrite bar antenna,there is no way to easily make LW or MW receive with an external antenna.
SW uses the telescoping whip or external antenna.
The radio does seem sensitive on MW but this noise ,from the microprocessor ,kind of degrades its performance.

Also I noted that the radio covers SW and MW differently if it is a model sold in Italy ,the coverage for SW in most places but Italy is 1612-30000Mhz. ,in Italy it is 3950-26100. The LW band goes from 150-353 but in Italy it is 150-302,why?

Al

majoco

Stirrer
IIRC radios made for Europe are only allowed to receive the broadcast bands - I haven't a clue why, as it's easy to import general coverage radios from various suppliers on the internet.

aggie72

Premium Subscriber
I would suspect some filter caps on the audio board need replacing. I've done several mods on my 700 all documented here. Restoring the band coverage is easy by installing one diode also documented.

Boombox

I just got one of these receivers from a relative,it receives very good on the SW bands but the MW and LW bands while they seem sensitive, there seems to be noise from the radio microproccessor,is this normal for this radio ?
Is there anyway to reduce this noise ?
LW and MW only uses the built in ferrite bar antenna,there is no way to easily make LW or MW receive with an external antenna.
SW uses the telescoping whip or external antenna.
The radio does seem sensitive on MW but this noise ,from the microprocessor ,kind of degrades its performance.

Also I noted that the radio covers SW and MW differently if it is a model sold in Italy ,the coverage for SW in most places but Italy is 1612-30000Mhz. ,in Italy it is 3950-26100. The LW band goes from 150-353 but in Italy it is 150-302,why?

Al

Try a tuned external loop for MW, just sit it near the radio. A Select-A-Tenna or similar loop. I think Eton or Grundig makes one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.