Grundig Satellit 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
I am seeking any information from anyone that has, or knows about any type of Grundig 750 radio mods. Especially changing the "narrow" filter or any audio improvements, i.f improvements or any other mods that you would care to share. I know it is only a $300.00 radio but, I am sure there is this info out there.

Thanks all.

nanZor

You can find mods for it (and many other radios) in the Yahoo Groups. The messages are public so you can view it with just a browser. To get to the pics and files, you need to join. You don't have to use email if you don't want to.

In the end, even with the mods, it is best to keep in mind that like you said, it is a $300 radio. But it can be fun to try and get the most performance out of it, and depending on your needs, can be all you need as long as you realize the performance bracket it is in. I have two of them serving different purposes right now.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Grundig 750 mods

Thank you for your timely response, and i may try yahoo groups. But, do you like the 750's you own? And for $300.00, do they perform well?

nanZor

Check out the review here on RR:
http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...44-grundig-satellit-750-desktop-portable.html

The funny thing about the 750 is that it sits in the middle of price/performance ratio, so some either love it and others hate it - and others like myself modify it. :) You'll encounter reviews that swing wildly across the spectrum.

Obviously I like my 750's, but I had to modify them to suit my needs. For others, they do ok right out of the box. I'd put it this way: if you like monitoring, don't plan on making it your only receiver. :)

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Reply to hertzian

Would you be kind enough to assist me in finding modifications for the GRUNDIG 750? I am leaning towards a purchase of such in May and I was searching - to no avail, for some mods, and to chose which one or more I would use. I tried Yahoo groups, and found none. I do not even have any schematic for the 750!

Thanks for any help you may offer Hertian.

hfflunki

i had a 750
i found the easiest way to make the audio better was to run it through a eq or dsp through the headphone jack and hook a decent speaker to it

Status
Not open for further replies.