Grundig Sattelit 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Anyone out there get one of these yet? I'd like to know if it is a great unit or just another fancy looking rig with cheap guts. Ham Radio Outlet has it for $300.00

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Universal radio has it for about the same; however, I suspect both are taking pre-orders. According to the Universal website, it's not expected to be released until mid August.

Patience! 73 Mike

trixwagen

I'm getting impatient for the Redsun RP-3000, too. Where is that famous Chinese production efficiency I was promised?

ridgescan

Universal radio has it for about the same; however, I suspect both are taking pre-orders. According to the Universal website, it's not expected to be released until mid August.

Patience! 73 Mike
OH I didnt realize it wasnt out yet! Well I'm liking what I see in descriptions on this radio, and for $300.00 why not? If I get one I'll let you guys know if it's a goody if you don't beat me to it:D

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know if you're referring to the Redsun or the new Satellit, but the Satellit is hardly vaporware. An engineering prototype was presented at the Winterfest this past March. I was there.

73 Mike

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Cant be vaporware when HRO has it printed up in their catalog??

Pull out your 1999 Passport to worldband.

That Sat 1000 hit the stores finally when?:D

but really, the 750 is not vaporware because everything in that radio is alredy out there. Nothing new inside it. They just have to make the things and ship them. Porbably have the factory tooled-up for something very profitable and they are trying to fit it in.

ridgescan

Pull out your 1999 Passport to worldband.

That Sat 1000 hit the stores finally when?:D

but really, the 750 is not vaporware because everything in that radio is alredy out there. Nothing new inside it. They just have to make the things and ship them. Porbably have the factory tooled-up for something very profitable and they are trying to fit it in.
Gees I hope you're right! I sorta got my heart set on this one! My hallicrafters is still in the closet so I've been running my Transoceanic and Patrolman and I'm looking forward to at least the digital tuning aspect of the 750 so I know exactly where I'm landing:)

trixwagen

There have been reports that people are receiving their 750s DOA or if they actually get one that works, the SSB leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyone here actually get a GOOD 750?

Shortwavewave

That sucks, I was planning on getting one too.

"'the SSB leaves a lot to be desired'"

what do you mean by that?

trixwagen

"SSB very poor, attempting to tune HAMs on LSB required a very fine touch
on the BFO and sound quality/intelligibility is poor. The 1khz tuning
resolution certainly does not help"

ridgescan

That's VERY odd-I just contacted Eton Hq's here in Palo Alto, Ca and spoke to Justin who is in charge of distribution of the Sattelit 750. He told me it would be at least another 30 days (from yesterday, 8/14) that Eton would recieve the shipment of Sattelit 750's from China! Therefore it won't be available for sale to the public at least until 9/15. Wondering where you are getting your info from, trixwagon??

Status
Not open for further replies.