Grundy Co Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Last week on the ILL-Grants Grundy Co received two new rebanded freqys' this week there "rebanding license is on the ILL Grants, anyone in the Grundy Co area have knowledge to when they WILL start the rebanding....Thank you

pto

Feed Provider
Grundy Rebanding

Ron, the rebanding is nearly complete.
My radios were done a couple of weeks ago, with the exception of the STX, which has to be replaced.
There are several radios still in use that have to be replaced so when We get those from Motorola the "switch" will be flipped.
It will probably be a couple of months before things are complete.

The bad part is that the system will be the Motorola Shuffle protocol, which 'supposedly' won't be "scannable".
I guess I'll run Pro96com when it happens and see whats up!

I'll let you know before it happens.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Phil, hope things are very well with you....Also, a family member just toured the new PD in Aurora yesterday and told me there new change over date to "Pro-voice" is June1 ,2010....I will miss hearing both depts....

DonS

The bad part is that the system will be the Motorola Shuffle protocol, which 'supposedly' won't be "scannable".

For very loose definitions of "supposedly" (based on the Motorola patent on the subject).

Any scanner that lets you enter a sufficient number of "custom trunking table entries" (e.g. 8 for the Grundy system) should handle such a system with no problem.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Well DonS, the multitables i use on my rebanded "City of Joliet from you # six only but only the first two actually do the trick...Im not sure about "8"...Also as i asked on another thread Upman from Uniden mentioned to use the negative polarity instead of pos on the custom rebanding tables on Uniden products but i don't see "polarity' on my GRE500/RS197??....This is refering to the Motorola Shuffle Systems...Thank You

DonS

Well DonS, the multitables i use on my rebanded "City of Joliet from you # six only but only the first two actually do the trick...Im not sure about "8"...Also as i asked on another thread Upman from Uniden mentioned to use the negative polarity instead of pos on the custom rebanding tables on Uniden products but i don't see "polarity' on my GRE500/RS197??....This is refering to the Motorola Shuffle Systems...Thank You

My "8 entries" was based on creating a single table entry for each of the 8 frequencies in the Grundy County system - effectively creating a one-to-one mapping between table entry and voice frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.