Grundy County Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

I know that this system is no longer using the "shuffled bandplan" and have set my tables for my PSR-800 from "custom" back to "default".

The problem I'm having is that the scanner sometimes stops on a talkgroup and the screen just flickers (no audio) as if its receiving but setup improperly. Other times it will stop during a TX and it sounds like my squelch is open before I hear the TX but at that point the TX is half over.

Any suggestions?

RoninJoliet

The scanner is choosing the wrong freqy , that's why it flickers....U must go back to the original "rebanding tables" and also choose "custom"....Those tables are listed in the RS forum on this web site....The "shuffle" tables were different....

Jake68111

Hi Ron!

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and look for that 411 in that forum.

Is it "Wiki-Worthy"? I think because Grundy is what it is, I find myself looking at the Wiki for the county more so than the Freq. Database probably because I have both GRE and Uniden models.

Thanks again, Ron!

Jake68111

I never did find the rebanding info that you referred but I do think I have it setup properly now.

I went back to the EZ-Scan software and selected "custom" for the tables like you had said. Once I did that I clicked the "edit" button, then "Set Reband" and it automatically entered the rebanded tables as though the system wasn't using the shuffled bandplan.

That bit of information pointed me in the right directon.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Its in the RadioShack Scanner forum, under RadioShack "archived stickies", and under "how u reband the PRO96/2096, same two lines of tables....I have heard there going to switch back some time to the "shuffle"....

Status
Not open for further replies.