Grundy County

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty277

Does anyone know if Grundy county has more control frequencies than the ones listed on radioreference? I have those programmed and it still says finding control channel while in Morris.

Thanks!

shifty277

I do have them all programmed. And it still says finding control channel while in Morris.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Three of the 5 freqys as listed in the database on this web site are CC's, the Grundy system has reverted back to a "rebanded system", if u can hear the CC which u should in Morris u need the "rebanding tables' for what ever scanner u have for Grundy.....

shifty277

Gotcha. Looks like something I don't even want to attempt. As always. You guys are great and thanks for your assistance!

Edit: looks pretty simple thanks to the radio reference Grundy wiki page.

Last edited:

irishm6

Ron, I have the uniden bearcat BC898T. I have looked this up and for grundy county (trunked tracking) i've entered the control channels 851.8250, 852.1875 etc with NO 0 at the end. The unit has not been rebanded. Although i can hear some action i have mot been able to locate TG 432 or 496 in Minooka. DO i need to reband the unit? I have everything dispatching out of grundy / morris but not during the day minooka.... Appreciate all of your help

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden 898t requires all five freqys of Grundy to be entered even tho they claim it has CConly trunking using some method....The two u entered are only voice channels, u need the three in "red" in the database on this web site...Also u must enter the "rebanding trunking tables" listed in the Uniden section or in "Wiki" for Uniden model 898t....Its more difficult entering them in the 898t....Once u hear the grinding noise of the CC u will see all the TG's Grundy is using and TG496-Minooka...That TG is not very busy and I have never heard them use TG432 altho it is listed in the list of TG's....The rebanding tables are the "hi-Lo-offset-etc info for rebanding....I have the 898t but took Grundy trunking out of the scanner as even with the newest firmware Uniden provided two years ago for the 898t to hear rebanded systems did not work well.....

shifty277

Slightly off topic but does Kankakee County do the same rebanding thing? I can't hear a single thing from them while in Wilmington with a 36 inch antenna.

shifty277

Also I have the grundy system programmed with the rebanded tables and as UPman said in the other archived thread about this:
"You might want to watch it for a while to make sure it hits on all the system frequencies. If one or two are correct but the other one (or two) is not correct, you'd get partial reception. On channels where the band plan is wrong, you'd see the scanner quickly flip back and forth between the control channel and an incorrect frequency. I'm most suspicious of whether BP3 is going to be correct or not..."

That is happening but I have all the frequencies exactly how the RR wiki page says along with the other people in that archived thread. I can hear CC frequency 852.6625 perfectly but none of the others and occasionally Ill get fire north or Sheriffs but it very quickly switches between that and scanning the rest of the frequencies. And occasionally it will say id8156.

I used Freescan to program the system and rebanding frequencies with a bcd396xt scanner.

Any ideas?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
It says id8156 because the 898t to follow Grundy rebanded system needs the newest "firmware" downloaded into it to follow "rebanded systems which is on the Uniden web site that was released a couple of years ago....The 898t even after the firmware upgrade has problems with rebanding....The newer model scanners handle rebanding flawless....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
YES, the "XT" models work great and the GRE/RS recent models but, the "XT" models also must have the "tables" for rebanding installed also and are a much different programming that the 898t.....

shifty277

Ok I just wanna make sure I'm reading you right. So making a custom mot system with the Grundy control channels and tables on the Grundy wiki is just the basics of what I need to listen to Grundy county?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On a Uniden 396XT make a Motorola trunk system, with the Grundy CC's, put in two rows of rebanding tables (not Motorola Shuffle) , create groups in system and program the TG's.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
YUP, I don't use software to program, I do it by hand, the 396XT is a very simple radio despite what some say by hand....The new models 436/536 have been made much more difficult, im staying with my 396xt....Plus the new models have big problems yet to be resolved....

shifty277

Yeah I have noticed that. So far I get the same CC crystal clear and none of the others and no audio But I am currently inside a building in Wilmington so I will try going outside with my car antenna and see if that picks them up.

shifty277

It works now. Thank you very much RoninJoliet. It didn't like when I used freescan to put the frequencies and tables in for some reason but when I did it myself it works no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.