Gsa 408.200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
For the past few months I have been noticing increased activity on this frequency in the Albany NY area. I remember this being discussed on previous threads for other areas as well - as far as the migration from 417.200. A couple of things that are also interesting is the fact that a lot of comms are now encrypted - or at least on one side of the conversation. Also, wheras in the past you could hear the "Megacenter" and only local units on radio tests, when they are "clear" you can hear a lot of other units in areas all around the state such as Buffalo for example. There also seems to be a lot of different identifiers now, so maybe it is more than just GSA, as is the case from what I have read on many other freqs. Can be interesting listening at times.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
You would be hearing the Federal Protective Service, or FPS, now part of the Homeland Security. The dispatch "Megacenter" has the ability to patch the regional repeaters together, so at times you may hear only the local units and other times you may hear units from all over your region.

And other information on the 408.2 repeater, like the P-25 NAC?

- Chris

ecps92

NAC is now $270 for Albany.

You would be hearing the Federal Protective Service, or FPS, now part of the Homeland Security. The dispatch "Megacenter" has the ability to patch the regional repeaters together, so at times you may hear only the local units and other times you may hear units from all over your region.

And other information on the 408.2 repeater, like the P-25 NAC?

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.