GSP COLUMBUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
"Using?" Like frequencies?

This website makes it easy to answer your own question.
Columbus GA is in Muscogee County.
Go to the Georgia page and look up GA Dept of Public Safety, the home of GSP.
Scroll down to Troop D, Post 34 and you'll find some good info.
Comm center is in Newnan.
If there are adjacent counties with repeaters, add them to your Scan List, too.
Hope that covers your question - good luck with it.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
"Using?" Like frequencies?

This website makes it easy to answer your own question.
Columbus GA is in Muscogee County.
Go to the Georgia page and look up GA Dept of Public Safety, the home of GSP.
Scroll down to Troop D, Post 34 and you'll find some good info.
Comm center is in Newnan.
If there are adjacent counties with repeaters, add them to your Scan List, too.
Hope that covers your question - good luck with it.

If I posted a question asking what GSP is using in Columbus then evidently I've already tried everything in the RR database. I'm the main person that updates the GSP and DNR database. I am not hearing GSP or other state LE in Columbus on the post 34 repeater or other surrounding state le repeaters. I was thinking that maybe GSP and other state le are using the new Columbus P25 system. Can anyone confirm this or confirm what repeater GSP is supposed to use in the Columbus area? Thank you.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I rarely listen to GSP while in Columbus but I'm almost positive they aren't using the Columbus/Muscogee County system

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I rarely listen to GSP while in Columbus but I'm almost positive they aren't using the Columbus/Muscogee County system

Thank you for your help. There's a DNR Repeater and a GBI repeater in the city. There's also the GSP Post 39 Cusseta Repeater that is close by but it belongs to Troop G. They could be using any of these but when I go through there I don't hear anything that sounds like Columbus. The Post 34 Manchester repeater is too far away I believe for them to use. But I could be wrong.

will51792

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Manchester GSP talking on the Manchester Post ... Is there a Repeater in Columbus ??

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I have heard Manchester GSP talking on the Manchester Post ... Is there a Repeater in Columbus ??

There is a DNR repeater "159.750" in Columbus and you know that GSP uses DNR repeaters sometimes but when I listen to that repeater it is always quite. I think that the Manchester repeater is too far away for Troopers to use in Columbus. There may be a possibility that they are using the Cusseta Repeater. Right now it's up in the air.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing them on the DNR repeater( 1549.7500) with a NAC 241. Talk group 1. It is P25 now. Also i will hear them talking unit to unit on VTAC11/36 ( 151.137500) with no PL. The Muscogee County SO unit use it to with a PL 156.7

Last edited:

will51792

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing them on the DNR repeater( 1549.7500) with a NAC 241. Talk group 1. It is P25 now. Also i will hear them talking unit to unit on VTAC11/36 ( 151.137500) with no PL. The Muscogee County SO unit use it to with a PL 156.7
Is that suppose to be 154.97500 ??

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that 159.7500

Thank you for confirming that they are using the DNR repeater there. I though that they were if they aren't using the local county and city system. So the state uses 151.1375 for car to car comms there? Most other parts of the state they use 154.680 as car to car. Thank you again.

rayvelcoro

Thank you for confirming that they are using the DNR repeater there. I though that they were if they aren't using the local county and city system. So the state uses 151.1375 for car to car comms there? Most other parts of the state they use 154.680 as car to car. Thank you again.
Thanks JoeJo95 for that solid piece of info... by the way, I picked up a hit on that VTAC freq randomly a while back on an interstate here in ATL. I presume that it could be an "on-the-fly" VTAC channel for informal use statewide. I keep it in my standby bank.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I know this is a old thread put I thought i would past on info I been hearing the past few days. I been hearing GSP here in Columbus on the input freq. (151.0250 NAC 241) of freq. 159.7500 but not on 159.7500 the past few days.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Over the years, I've noticed that they seem to come and go in the Columbus area...mostly go. The citizens seem to prefer that they go since they're not usually as lenient as the PD, or perhaps not as busy with more time to concentrate on traffic.

wsp44

Premium Subscriber
If I posted a question asking what GSP is using in Columbus then evidently I've already tried everything in the RR database. I'm the main person that updates the GSP and DNR database. I am not hearing GSP or other state LE in Columbus on the post 34 repeater or other surrounding state le repeaters. I was thinking that maybe GSP and other state le are using the new Columbus P25 system. Can anyone confirm this or confirm what repeater GSP is supposed to use in the Columbus area? Thank you.

Since MC went P2 and encrypted, GSP, MCCD, and DNR can no longer switch over and use CPD's TG's like they did at one point.

Post 34 does "cover" Muscogee county, but you will usually find the troopers out of that post working Talbot and Meriwether County, where they work majority of the wrecks, where as CPD works the majority of all the wrecks in Muscogee. You will find the Night Hawks in Columbus a fair amount, but from what I was told, they were actually issues portables from Muscogee County and utilize CPD TG's while working the area. Some of the troopers will switch over to the Columbus DNR repeater while in the area, and I've also heard them tell dispatch to reach them by Southern Linc. I don't know that the troopers in this area will switch over to Cusseta while in Columbus, as they would be talking to a different Communication Center.

Considering that the two closest GSP repeaters for Troop D would be Manchester and Newnan, even with 110W mobiles, that's tough on the south side of Columbus.

I would send you a message, but I don't have the ability to for some reason.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've been retired from Cols PD for a while but historically, PD issued portables to GBI, FBI and DNR. They rarely used them, however. GSP doesn't come into Columbus with any regularity but they do come in. Their cases are handled by Municipal Court which is serviced by the SO. While the SO is also encrypted, their state channels are not. I seldom monitor the state channels but I suspect that's how GSP stays in touch locally.

JWG44, private messages aren't available until you've participated on the forum for a while. I don't know what the criteria is but I'm pretty sure one message isn't enough.

will51792

Premium Subscriber
I have heard GSP on the Cusseta tower talking to Manchester Post and to troopers in Muscogee Co.. I have a friend that's a trooper say they will come into Muscogee County during a holiday season. Manchester Post worked Marion County up until a few years ago. Americus Post works Marion now and Manchester took Muscogee County into there area.

Status
Not open for further replies.