GSP Georgia State Patrol Frequencies/Analog or Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttabean

Im trying to find out what frequencies listed on the database are used for GSP Car-Car transmitting between patrol cars. And im gonna assume they use the common mode of P25 digital on the C2C channel but for the moment i dont see any frequencies listed or alpha tagged for C2C comms so i was wondering if they use 154.9050 or 154.9350 or 155.4750 or what? Thanks in advance.

Buttabean

GSP C2C Comms

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=816

Whatever is here for your area should be accurate. It was updated in the beginning of March.

Yeah, all of the RR database is on the SD card that comes with the scanner and I update it monthly, but C2C isn't in the database as I've heard them say switch over to C2C channel and the scanner never stopped on anything so I'm having to manually add several freqs that they could be using (154.9050/154.9350/155.3700/154.6800/154.8000/155.4750) as I've heard traffic on these back in 2015-2016 while living in Walton County (Monroe) before I owned this P25, DMR, NXDN, FM scanner. And GSP hadn't finished their new P25 conventional digital radio system yet and were still using the old FM radios where base-mobile was on 154.9050 and mobile-base was on 154.9350. So they are using one of the 5 or 6 I've listed BUT . . . Is the mode gonna be FM analog or P25 digital? The GSP units up here in Hart/Stephens/Franklin/Elbert/Habersham/Madison counties also work off the rptrs & radios of the county that they are working in. While listening to Hart Cty SO channel I heard one say "GSP 636 to Hart cty, please call my dispatch and notify them that I'm gonna be working from your dispatch channel for the remainder of my shift please." And she obliged him. The Georgia State Patrol handles all traffic accidents, radar, D.U.I stops, and pursuits up here and sheriff's respond to calls, handle warrants up here. I will "Close Call" track their C2C frequency and then submit it to RR admins.

ButchGone

The P25 repeaters are for primary communications. Car to car simplex, or direct traffic is analog on 154.6800 and 154.905. The state maintains licenses on the VHF high band frequencies for analog and digital communications.
BG..

twotoejoe

I live in Habersham and have no problems receiving the GSP on the RR freqs. that I have in my favorites. They are listed under "Georgia Department of Public Safety-GSP Troup B" Troup B is out of Toccoa and includes Toccoa, Hartwell, Hiawassee(Blue Ridge), and more. I also have the 700mhz repeater programmed in but it is not as clear as the Department of Public Safety.

N8IAA

I live in Habersham and have no problems receiving the GSP on the RR freqs. that I have in my favorites. They are listed under "Georgia Department of Public Safety-GSP Troup B" Troup B is out of Toccoa and includes Toccoa, Hartwell, Hiawassee(Blue Ridge), and more. I also have the 700mhz repeater programmed in but it is not as clear as the Department of Public Safety.

Troop B is dispatched out of Gainesville. There are no more individual Post dispatchers. That is long gone.
Yes, the troopers can contact county and local LE on their systems. There are more than just the in car 700 MHz repeaters. Yes, they still use the old base, mobile, and C2C frequencies.

This is the digital age of state LE.

Larry

twotoejoe

Troop B is dispatched out of Gainesville. There are no more individual Post dispatchers. That is long gone.
Yes, the troopers can contact county and local LE on their systems. There are more than just the in car 700 MHz repeaters. Yes, they still use the old base, mobile, and C2C frequencies.

This is the digital age of state LE.

Larry

Sorry, I meant to say Post 7 is out of Toccoa instead of Post B. You state there are no more individual Post dispatchers, however I've been listening to GSP Post 7, Toccoa dispatch and mobile all evening long?? Also I occasionally pick up Post 27, Hiawassee; and Post 52, Hartwell; all displayed on the display on my 536hp.

N8IAA

Sorry, I meant to say Post 7 is out of Toccoa instead of Post B. You state there are no more individual Post dispatchers, however I've been listening to GSP Post 7, Toccoa dispatch and mobile all evening long?? Also I occasionally pick up Post 27, Hiawassee; and Post 52, Hartwell; all displayed on the display on my 536hp.

All of Troop B is dispatched out of the Gainesville communications center. Period. Including Post 7, Post 27, 52, and the rest of Troop B. They are all linked via different repeater towers. There are times you will hear simulcast distortion because of the set up.
This has been the case for the last two years with the build out of the communication centers around the state. Time to think differently on how the GSP, and, the DNR communicate. Time to get out of the age of crystal controlled scanners. After all, this is the 21st century;)

Larry

country2

And don’t forget the statewide 700mhz network for mobile repeaters for all state LE agencies (gotta be in range to hear the mobile repeaters):

https://forums.radioreference.com/a...a-law-enforcement-mobile-network-700chart.pdf

Public document explaining GLEMN:
https://forums.radioreference.com/a...gia-law-enforcement-mobile-network-letter.pdf

On the mobile frequencies the scanner wont do those.

791.000-796.996875 MHz..................(in 3.125 kHz steps/FM)
806.000-823.9875 MHz..........................(in 12.5 kHz steps/FM

Buttabean

TwoToeJoe,
Im picking up all the troops u listed pretty good over here in reed creek area also. Im curious though as to where i would find the correct updated frequency data for the G.B.I up here as i would like to listen to their traffic as they handle shootings & so forth such as the franklin cty shooting that occured this past sunday night. I heard that one go out to deputies & then i got distracted but caught the tail end of the request for 2 lifeflights for the injured so i'd like to find out this info. Thanks & 73's from Buttabean

Franklin County Shooting---> Lake Hartwell Radio Station WLHR

twotoejoe

I was listening last night when this went down. Franklin County asked for the Troopers' assistance and even though I have all the supposed GBI frequencies in my State of GA. favorites, I only heard the Trooper's traffic. (I don't have Franklin Co. in my favorites).

One interesting thing of note: I was in a cabin on a mountainside in Seveirville, TN this weekend and I took my 536hp with me. I was listening one afternoon and I picked up some traffic that said "State of GA, GBI" but didn't appear to be any of the frequencies listed on my favorites lists. This was the very first time I had ever heard any traffic concerning the GBI

Status
Not open for further replies.