GSP Lo Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I have been seeing quite a few GSP units in the Metro area and they definitely have a Lo Band antenna on their cars. I've never heard anything on 42.02 since I move here years ago! Or could it possibly be a CB radio in their unit?

Attachments

• GSP.jpg
    GSP.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 519

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
that is a base loaded 5/8 wave VHF high band, not a low band antenna. Too short to be low band.

CB antennas they have used (and still do) are the Wilson 1000 or K40, both of which have much longer radiating element and large FAT loading coil at the bottom.

Makes sense they would be installing high gain VHF 5/8 waves with their recent P25 VHF reported usage.

Should have done that years ago instead of drinking the 7/800 Race to Waste Kool-Aid.

Guess being poor has forced them to become more prudent and resourceful.

CapStar362

Definitely not low band antennas.

It's funny to see a car/sedan with an offroad brush guard though!

that is interesting too.... i asked GSP why they chose that design....

i was told, because we have to sometimes chase those rednecks through the bushes!!

we both laughed for a couple minutes of that

hey spectra. did you take that pic? ive seen 775 in clayton county several times when i lived there....

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Brushguard

Rapidcharger, The "brushguard" is actually there to somewhat protect the car's fenders when they perform the "pit" maneuver.

rapidcharger

The brushguard is a great idea! I was serious about that too. They should be required on all vehicles in metro atlanta so we can have demolition derby when it snows my insurance rates don't have to go up so much.
In fact they should be standard equipment on all vehicles sold in America. Like the new backup cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.