GSP South of Driscol Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
What Talkgroups Do I want traveling the Garden State Parkway South of Driscol Bridge Im heading down to LBI tommorow evening and i want to monitor it on my way down. Thank You

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Those designations aren't going to be of much help, since the database now uses more friendly names vs internal channel designators (as it should be).

If you're traveling on the GSP, then you want to listen to the GSP talkgroups. There are only three main talkgroups for the GSP, which are broken up by North, Central, South. Nothing complicated about it, but you will need to scan the Central and South simulcasts in order to maintain coverage for the stretch of road you're traveling.

slapshot0017

Those designations aren't going to be of much help, since the database now uses more friendly names vs internal channel designators (as it should be).

If you're traveling on the GSP, then you want to listen to the GSP talkgroups. There are only three main talkgroups for the GSP, which are broken up by North, Central, South. Nothing complicated about it, but you will need to scan the Central and South simulcasts in order to maintain coverage for the stretch of road you're traveling.

I'm glad it was made more friendly, but could it also help to at least add the mileposts where each section begins and ends instead of just saying north, south and central? It's kind of vague.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Make a submission to both the NJSP and NJICS systems asking for the Toll Road Patrol Operations Talkgroups subcategories notes to include the mile markers for the GPS and NJTP for each section.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is from Joe's scanner guide. I think it it still mostly accurate:

Bass River Station MP 0 to 89.0 1 Comm
Holmdel Station MP 89.0 to 131.0 2 Comm
Bloomfield Station MP 131.0 to 172.3 3 Comm

Status
Not open for further replies.