• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GStar (GE-Star) on XG100P Unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
I kinda backed away from this topic since I can't contribute anymore as I don't have an XG100p in front of me to test with. What I can say is that if this is something where it worked in RPM10 and stopped working in RPM14, it likely wasn't because they meant to remove functionality (IIRC the XG100p was not getting updates past XGP R02 anyways) it was probably broken while adding something else and since its such a niche option, nobody noticed.

That said, your options are basically roll back to RPM10 (if it worked there) or decompile RPM to figure out where they broke it. I've done this for a few other things where a checkbox would be greyed out when it wasn't supposed to be because of a bug and worked fine, but it can also corrupt personalities and radios.

SC5 files are not supported on the XG100p that I have ever seen, and they can only come from TAC for an extremely good reason. You basically need a multi-million dollar contract on the line and the only way to save the contract is to develop an SC5 to edit something that can't wait for a firmware fix. SC5s are literally instructions sent to the radio to modify an EEPROM location after the personality is written, which lets you mess with just about anything if you know its absolute location in EEPROM.

If I get a radio across my bench I can test with, I'd be happy to debug this but it's not something I'll dump a ton of cash on for a test radio.

Ahh all good! We missed ya.. damn bummer… I’ve read in multiple places including official software documents stating it’s extremely advised against in downgrading firmware versions

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
We downgrade all the time. We have a special release firmware that we are required to use and when radios come back from L3Harris, they always have newer, so we revert to our required firmware. We have never had any issues.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
We downgrade all the time. We have a special release firmware that we are required to use and when radios come back from L3Harris, they always have newer, so we revert to our required firmware. We have never had any issues.
There was a big notice regarding the XG-25 series… said something along the path when going from XGP to OMAP or IT WILL cause the radio to malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.