• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GTX Mobile Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimm

How is a Type I fleetmap made? I can program a GTX 800 Mhz to listen to trunking but they only scan 8 modes.. The systems I listen to have 4 talkgroups active for each user and it is completely random as to which TG gets used.. Never 2 TGs at the same time. They can be programmed in as decimal in the 800000 range type II and the GTX hears them. 1st user 1A,1B,1C,1D 2nd user 1E,1F,1G,1H. This works fine if I only wanted to hear 2 users but I want more. There are currently 6 different users I would like to monitor. I have to wonder if this is Type I as I am sure the users radios aren't scanniing and they don't miss calls.. Would their radios be programmed for type I and the radio itself decides what talkgroup to use? I just don't get how to program a GTX for Type I to try this out.. One of the users has about 35 units in the field..

TG IDs are: 801188, 801189, 801190, 801191.

NEW INFO THIS AFTERNOON

2 scanners running to help listen and figure this out.. GTX only picking up 1 talkgroup out of each batch of IDs programmed..

Must be type 2 as all IDs show up as 5 digit codes on Uniden and Radio Shack scanners.

Can anyone shed some light on this?? Yes, I am confused!!

Any help and info greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, BJ

Last edited:

BigJimm

Seems as if there aren't any trunking experts that can help with this one so I'll just keep using the radio for the 2 conventional channels I have to use during harvest.. It works well along with my VHF X9000 and UHF Spectra.

I do all my own proramming which includes MSF5000 RPTRS, X9000s, Spectras, Maxons, Johnson Avengers, Unidens, Midlands, and Kenwood mobiles.. My portables include HT1000s, MT2000s, GP68s, and an Icom.

I also program for the local FD, mobiles, portables, and pagers.

Just wish I could figure out the trunked GTX..

Thanks, BJ

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Have you tried asking on the Batboard? The concentration of Motorola experts is considerably higher there. The GTX is a gap in my Motorola knowledge. I went from Micors to XTL's in one fell swoop. Well, almost...

slicerwizard

Must be type 2 as all IDs show up as 5 digit codes on Uniden and Radio Shack scanners.
All that means is that you have the system programmed as Type II in the scanners.

Can anyone shed some light on this?? Yes, I am confused!!

Any help and info greatly appreciated!!
I imagine you'd get a lot more help if you'd tell us what system you're monitoring.

obijohn

Have you tried asking on the Batboard? The concentration of Motorola experts is considerably higher there. The GTX is a gap in my Motorola knowledge. I went from Micors to XTL's in one fell swoop. Well, almost...

Oh, wow. This is amazing...I have been cursed (blessed?) with a similar learning curve. The introduction of the Patriot upc was a big deal to me. The micor has been my main focus since 1977. I guess I am getting old.

Thank God I am about to retire. I can't see any of that surface mount crap that has 100+ leads.

What has radio become? I haven't used any of my tuning tools in years. Nowdays you plug the radio in to your computer.

BigJimm

Yes you are right about the scanners. I programmed them as Type I and now I'm getting the conversations on TG IDs like 200-10,,,,301-12,,,,001-5,,,,100-5.

So then these are Type I systems I guess. At least some of them are, the ones that only show up with one TGID when programmed as Type II.

If I can figure out how to enter the 200-10 and such TGIDs in the GTX I'll have what I want. Tried some different size codes and other info, no luck. Radio stays quiet. I need to figure out the fleet ID and individual ID from the scanner info.

System is an old trunk in North Dakota only used by farmers and contractors only.

Thanks for the input, BJ

BigJimm

Forgot to add, I did try at Batlabs a couple of years ago.. Had one guy who was willing to help but I didn't have enough info at the time and have since lost touch with him.

Most on that board didn't realize what I'm trying to do and couldn't see past using a commercial radio for scanning even though I have to use the conventional side to communicate..

Politely got my butt chewed and was told to use a scanner, so I dropped the project until now.. Thought I'D try again..

I have enough stuff in my pickup now without a scanner..

It would be great if I could make the GTX listen to the trunking system..

Thank you to all who have read and commented.......

BJ

BigJimm

The answers were right under my nose in the RSS..

Works great!! Receiver is so much better than a scanner I can't believe it.

Thanks again to everyone who read and commented,

BJ

ASTRORADIOS168

Premium Subscriber
Gtx Id Tags

WELL I know little about the trunking system , the talk groups ID no.'s with MTS2000, MTX9000 are the same using Hex, if u using GTX portable they use Decimal , i was playing with the HEX editor , or the scientific calculator on the windows , it really converts the talkgroups, but as far as the individual ID is hard to figure out , gtx has 6 digit talkgroups, and individual ID no.'s I'll keep you guys post when I figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.