• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

gtx..r55..issue..HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmee

i having problem with motorola gtx...it was trunking radio and already got program on this radios...i got cable and software...when try to read it write.. R55...try another radio and diffrent software same problem...for motorola radio i knew that i should read the radio first before i can working on it...for information i used disket and run on dos ...try doing this for such long time...any suggestion or information ...please help !!

WX9EMS

That "r55" you are seeing is actually RSS, meaning the PC is trying to communicate with the radio. What version RSS are you using? PC? RIB/Cable? Yes you definitely need to archive your code plug before doing anything to the radio, just in case. If it does not read the radio, you either have a software issue, RIB/cable issue, or a PC issue. Not sure what the latest version of RSS for GTX is, but R04.00.00 isn't backwards compatible. I assume that you are booting from DOS and not running in a DOS window, RSS requires a pure DOS environment.

gmee

gtx issue r55..HELP!!!

yes...im seeing "r55" on the radio display when try to read...but it dosent goes to program....can`t read...sometime...software not support by this software apear...try another software also can`t read..when try.. comm test..Comunication OK...i knew that
if this radio been program by vR02.00.02...i must use latest software than that to read radio...try rvn4150 vR04.00.00b...also r55...for information im using win 98 and win xp pc...rib cable from ebay..try program gp 300..gp328..motorola pro5350/7350..with No Problem...OK...im booting pure Dos...help..

WX9EMS

Model number of your GTX. Do you mean radio not supported by software instead of software not support by this software? If you are getting a model mismatch, need to verify it is a GTX and not something similar like a LCS. and be certain you have corresponding RSS. By checking other radios verifies PC and RIB. Have you been able to read this radio before? Do you have another mobile radio to try and read? Do you have an actual RIB box or a RIB-less cable? I have heard some people having problems with rib-less cables. With my Toshiba Pentium II laptop, GTX RSS takes a few more minutes to contemplate life.

gmee

Help!!!

thank..
My GTX num..AZP0511S05NIAA...tanapa PMUF1021B...and AZP05VJH25N1AA..tanapa PMUF1001A .and 4 more gtx radios.. try to read .r55..display on radio...using GTX V.R02.00.02 GTX/MAX638 TRUNK RADIO GTX RVN4150 V.R0303.00B GTX/MAX638 RVN4150 V.R04.00.00B GTX RESTRICTED TO FTR V.R01.01.00 GTX/MAX638 TRUNK RADIO V.R01.01.00....serial bus error...or.. radio not support by this software..I Never read this radio before..got actual RIb BOx for rss from ebay...try another radio same issue....
Try open the caseing
there is what they call Logic Board inside the radio...got six pin ...should i put a jumper on it. .when try to read or programming???..maybe this radio been program by latest software than i got...what is the latest software for GTX?..if u got can u please sent it to me...Or it must use hexeditor or crack software to program this radio?..
Any idea....please help me...

WX9EMS

The numbers listed above mean little to me. I need model a number; should start like M11 for mobile and H11 for hand held. Worst case send a picture of the sticker.

gmee

GTX issue r55..HELP!!!

sorry..
model H11UCD6CU1AN......any idea or tips to configure..plzz..

WX9EMS

Well, after doing some reading...I am unsure what is happening. RVN-4150 should work with your portable, why it isn't, I do not know. Could be hardware, software, or something else. I am not familiar with GTX portables. If I had it in front of me, I could figure it out, but it isn't. Best advise is to find someone near you to have a look at it. If you have a different PC, try that.

talviar

That model comes up as an LTR portable. From what I remember there are two variants on GTX Software, one for LTR, one for privacy plus. If you don't have the right one, the radio will start to read but won't do anything and error out. . . . .

As always, this has been my $2.25 and YMMV!
Tony

WX9EMS

In your GTX RSS folder, there should be a readme.txt file. Inside that should see something like this...

The Motorola GTX Radio Service Software (RSS) for Privacy Plus / LTR
currently supports these Models:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Trunk Systems x 8 Groups/Sys (80 Trunked Modes), 10 Conv. Channels.

"Standard" Full-Feature Models; Portables have Keypad -and- Display.

M11UGD6CB1_N - GTX MOBILE, 800 MHz, 15 Watt, Privacy Plus.
M11WGD4CB1_N - GTX MOBILE, 900 MHz, 12 Watt, Privacy Plus.

H11UCD6CB1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 800 MHz, 3 Watt, Privacy Plus.
H11WCD4CB1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 900 MHz, 3 Watt, Privacy Plus.

M11UGD6CU1_N - GTX MOBILE, 800 MHz, 15 Watt, LTR.
M11WGD4CU1_N - GTX MOBILE, 900 MHz. 12 Watt, LTR.

H11UCD6CU1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 800 MHz, 3 Watt, LTR.
H11WCD4CU1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 900 MHz, 3 Watt, LTR.

"Standard" Full-Feature "High-Power" MOBILES:

M11UGJ6CB1_N - GTX MOBILE, 800 MHz, 35 Watt, Privacy Plus.
M11WGJ4CB1_N - GTX MOBILE, 900 MHz, 30 Watt, Privacy Plus.

M11UGJ6CU1_N - GTX MOBILE, 800 MHz, 35 Watt, LTR.
M11WGJ4CU1_N - GTX MOBILE, 900 MHz, 30 Watt, LTR.

4 Trunk Systems x 3 Groups/Sys (12 Trunked Modes), 4 Conv. Channels.

"BASIC" Models; Portables have -NO- Keypad, -NO- Display.

H11UCC6DB1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 800 MHz, 3 Watt, Privacy Plus.
H11WCC4DB1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 900 MHz, 3 Watt, Privacy Plus.

H11UCC6DU1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 800 MHz, 3 Watt, LTR.
H11WCC4DU1_N - GTX PORTABLE, 900 MHz, 3 Watt, LTR.

=====================================================================

Now check your readme file and see if your model is in there. It is listed in my file, but if it isn't in yours, you do not have the right software. Post a picture of your programming setup, RIB and cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.