Guadalupe County NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how long the county signed a contract for the Sheriffs Office to use this system. Seems they have really gone backwards when it comes to interoperabality with surrounding agencies.While they do have there South channel patched to a vhf channel they are still isolated. Nexedge radios can't do P25 for one which most everyone is on in the area. Segiun Vhf P25 and Schertz and Cibolo on the LCRA P25 system plus County fire is P25 and DPS has there own channel just for the county which is P25. I know a few deputies have LCRA radios to talk with Schertz but seems GCSO has locked out anyone from communicating with them directly.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
When the county switched to the new system I remember seeing that they would switch to P25 in a few years. I know that Cibolo has to call the county on the phone when they need to talk to them.

Don

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Yes, according to some in the know there they bought repeaters capable of being upgraded to P25 and were planning on doing it in the (not to near) future.

jbsarandolphmonitor

I can't wait for them to switch over. Most of my area of NorthWest Guadalupe County is covered by Schertz and Selma.

Thanks
Don

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The patch on 155.9025 covers the West, South and Southwest portion of GC as well as Marion PD. I have heard them go to calls all over the Schertz an Cibolo area all the way up to 46 and checking out on traffic on 78 a lot and even 1103 and 35 area sometimes.

jbsarandolphmonitor

I here them sometimes on the Schertz & Cibolo PD tg on the LCRA P25 system. Most calls in our area are covered by Schertz and Selma.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.