Guadalupe County SO switch to NEXEDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlkmartin

Looks like the Guadalupe County Sheriffs Office has switched over to NEXEDGE radios effective last Tuesday. (1/24/2012). Supposedly they have switched to a VHF trunked NEXEDGE system. Can anyone confirm? I know the conventional SO channels have gone silent. SO is still dispatching the fire departments using the conventional VHF freq's

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
There is a VHF trunking system believed to be Nexedge, that we have tentatively staged for Guadalupe County. As we get some confirmed information we'll make it public.

Reported control channels have been 152.1350 MHz and 152.5025 MHz.

If anyone can focus their attention this direction to help us out it would be much appreciated. I'm swamped with work lately so I've had little time for anything like this. I'll have a few hours this weekend but I imagine someone can have it figured out by then.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
SO 3 is still active. Also hearing possible control channels on 152.045, 152.8175, 152.6225, and 152.7575

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, sad thing is they have been made well aware that it is proprietary, non-interoperable communications, non-eligible for grant funding yet it was still their choice.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, sad thing is they have been made well aware that it is proprietary, non-interoperable communications, non-eligible for grant funding yet it was still their choice.
Well, I am sure the taxpayers won't mind, will they? I wonder what the local news organizations think about it.

mam1081

Feed Provider
So....I don't find any FCC licenses for any freqs other than the analog ones. All of the frequencies listed above don't return any licenses in TX...

scrotumola

I don't know who the vendor is, but S&P Communication 'stages' systems on their old IMTS frequency pairs.
Some do this to test the system before going live and on the actual FCC assigned frequencies, avoiding interference issues with the legacy systems-provided they are staying on the same frequencies.

(Not to sound condescending) For you younger folks, IMTS was the first mobile-based telephones that ran on 152.xxx and 158.xxx and were operated predominantly by Southwestern Bell in the 70's. They were true boat anchors, the trunk mounted transmitters were the size of 3/4 of a filing cabinet drawer, weighed 50lbs and had a huge "control head" with 16 channel selectivity and a rotary dial. I digress.

You may find licenses to Nathan Sherman (owner of S&P) or another vendor in that area, but your search for licenses will need to go outside the realm of the public safety user base.

Balcones Heights PD continues to operate on a 152.xxx frequency of Sherman's and has for several years.

~S~

nd5y

Some of these may not be for the system in question.

ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVQ223 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVQ224 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVQ225 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVQ226 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVQ227 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPZM382 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPZM383 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX424 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX425 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX426 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX427 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX428 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX429 - Sherman, Arthur N
ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WQMX431 - Sherman, Arthur N

Parker County has a mix of Part 90 and Part 22 frequencies. Parker County (Project 25) - The RadioReference Wiki
Guadalupe County might be the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.