Guadalupe County VHF Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Still picking up GCSO on 155.9025 patched to the Nextedge system, is this staying up for inter-op or just a temp thing.

Premium Subscriber
should stay up for interop for quite some time. stay tuned more changes a comin!

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Just saw the newspaper article, So the county departments are going P25 like the city FD? How is the NextEdge system being affected since it is not P25

Premium Subscriber
nexedge will continue to operate with the patch on SO 3 to P25 conventional repeater and there will be a P25 patch to the nexedge on Fire one (fire north i think is what is in the DB). I will have some better idea after this week as we will be meeting to discuss details of system design on friday.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Cool, thanks for the info seems like it would have been a lot eaiser for the SO to go P25 on there old channels and less expensive than nextedge. Guess Kenwood has some good salesmen

Premium Subscriber
Actually nexedge is cheaper than p25 by far and is quite efficient. For SO use it is a good choice. They now have a 4 site trunked system to serve their needs. Both p25 and nexedge have their pros and cons

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I don't know much about nexedge so that is some good info...I was always curious about inter-op with city since they are P25 but I guess patches can be set up like any other trunked system.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly Chief Strey, hasn't the SO Ch 3 repeater been P25 capable, and being used in analog service, and served as the SO's interop repeater with Seguin? Basically, I think it's their holdover for the game wardens, troopers and interop purposes.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
SO 1 is P25. I heard it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard any P25 on 3 yet just analog

Premium Subscriber
things are quite "back and forth" right now in regards to GC radio systems. As many know now, GCSO has moved mostly to a kenwood nexedge multi-site trunked system. Seguin Fire and EMS have moved to P25 and GC VFD's will soon be moving to P25. I will have more info for you guys after tomorrow as I have a meeting to discuss the finer details of system design for the vfd p25 system. I should also get the latest and greatest on the p25 interop repeaters. SO 3 should be the p25 interop that will patch to nexedge for LE use and Fire One or North will be the P25 interop for VFD to LE. At this point, I believe that there is some back and forth mainly due to "other" Agencies needing some time to reprogram and/or install P25 subscriber equipment. Please understand that these repeaters are mixed mode therefore one conversation may be in analog mode while the next in P25 mode depending on the initiating user's equipment capabilities. Also what may be SO 3 today may be Fire 3 tomorrow for example. Once this is all laid out, I will attempt to remember to post updated info. If you don't hear from me in a few weeks, I am #1. dead #2. won the lottery (oh wait scratch that...you would see the most amazing shack you have ever seen posted) #3 ticked off my wife so bad that her Italian relatives fitted me with a pair of concrete shoes (see #1) or #4. forgot. So remind me Boat or Pacrat or NC5267.

Premium Subscriber
SO 1 is the LE P25 Interop channel with the patch to the Nexedge. SO 3 (soon to be installed) will be the Fire P25 Interop channels with the patch to the Nexedge. Fire 1 and 2 will remain the same but will be converted to P25 mixed mode and some voting receivers will be added for extending portable range.

acrcpe45

Do you guys use the Guadalupe Feed?

Are ya'll using the feed that is on radio reference? I need to put it on a battery backup. It has been improved greatly thanks to a Uniden BCT8.

Unfortunately Seguin FD is not on for now.

Thanks,

ACRCPE45

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The feed just has Fire if I remember right, we were talking about the Sheriff's Office conventional vhf channels patched to there vhf nextedge digital system..2101 is a Fire Chief in the Guadalupe area so his info is directly from the source

acrcpe45

The feed just has Fire if I remember right, we were talking about the Sheriff's Office conventional vhf channels patched to there vhf nextedge digital system..2101 is a Fire Chief in the Guadalupe area so his info is directly from the source

For a while it had both GCSO and GCFire.

I know who 2101 is and I was just asking a question since it was related to Guadalupe County. I was hoping for some feedback in how I can improve the feed.

Thanks

ACRCPE45

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
I was hoping for some feedback in how I can improve the feed.

Thanks

ACRCPE45

One way is to upgrade the feed with a P25 scanner. Since Seguin is already at P25 and Guadalupe county departments are migrating to that, a digital scanner is the only way to improve on the feed at this point.

I'm in the same situation for Caldwell, I can't afford a dedicated P25 scanner yet, so I'm stuck to scanning only analog for now. (BTW, I stream Guadalupe Co Fire and Seguin FD - analog only on my feed.)

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Pacrat551 does Segiun still have a analog FD channel they use? I have only been monitoring the P25 channel on 154.430

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
I don't know for sure, but I think they still have an analog element. Most agencies when they switch to digital, they remain digital full-time, but some leave the repeaters in "mixed mode" which mean they can use digital or analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.