Guardian EMS and Penny Transportation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I see a lot of Guardian EMS transport vehicles in my area and also Penny Transportation Vans and was wondering if anyone has the frequencies they use? I know Guardian appears to be in the 155 MHz area judging by their antenna length. The Penny Transport antennas are much smaller, between 450-480 MHz would be my guess.

SCPD

QRT
Most transport EMS companies use Verizon or Nextel push to talk. I don't think I have ever seen a transport company use a conventional radio frequency. By NJ DOH law those trucks are required to have a VHF radio for EMS to hospital communication and SPEN and JEMS channels. I can say for certian that Guardian uses PTT as for Penny... no idea.

Analogrules

Oh ok. Yeah, I was going to say that these medical transportation EMS trucks called Guardian definitely have those 155 MHz antennas on the roof of their vehicles, so I guess they have that radio capability due to state laws. Thanks for the information. BTW, those Penny Transportation Vans appear to also be large, medical transportation vehicles, yellow in color and unlike Guardian, do not look like ambulances.

FD4D

Most private ambulances use direct connect on phones and text for dispatch of jobs. They still have VHJF radio's capability for the JEMS frequencies in case of a major response of EMS plan activation.

David

bnt133

Premium Subscriber
They use direct connect but to be stated licensed by the state they are required to have a radio with (I believe) Jems 1 through 4

Status
Not open for further replies.